4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2017 6:38 PM by hardcoregames™

Corsair Vengeance LPX issues with Ryzen 5 1400

eviltomato

Ryzen 5 1400 3.2Ghz

EVGA GTX 1050 ti SC

8GBx1 Corsair Vengeance

120GB SSD

B350 PCMATE MOBO (As a fix I tried changing to a new one) -> GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming MOBO

PSU Cooler Master Elite v2 550w

So after struggling to get my PC working for about 2 months because I live in a place where it's hard to get technical support, I finally estabilized my computer, these were the issues I was getting:

- Freezes: Games would freeze and black screen then recover.

- Crashes: Games would crash completely.

This happened for about 95% of games and was extremely frustrating, these were the fixes I tried to do.

Software checks I did:

- MemTest86/HCI Memtest to check the RAM memory (It goes fine).

- FurMak to stress test the GPU (Crashes after some time).

- HeavyLoad to stress test the CPU/GPU (CPU tests worked fine, GPU tests would suddenly stop showing display)

- CrystalDisk to check the SSD and HDD I use.

- Checked all temperatures and they were fine.

- Voltage values in the PSU were fine.

- Updated the BIOS to the latest version.

- Disabling PCI Express energy optimization.

- Setting Max performance on NVidia power management panel.

- Disabling VSync on NVidia graphics panel.

- Creating a TdrDelay value on Regedit.

- DDU then a clean reinstall of the latest drivers.

- DDU then a install of an old driver.

- Changing from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 (I already went back to Win 10 with a fresh reinstallation).

- Reducing memory usage through Msiafterburner.

- Prime 95 (Small FFT would work fine but Blend crashes about 5 minutes in).

Hardware checks I did:

- Lowered CPU clock to 2 Ghz.

- Swapping PCI ports to see if the PCI port was faulty. (B350 PCMATE)

- Swapping RAM stick to another slot to check if it was faulty. (B350 PCMATE)

- Using 2 different GPU's to check for any differences in my machine. (B350 PCMATE)

- Using a different PSU. (B350 PCMATE)

- Using a different motherboard. (GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming)

After all these things my issue would persist, constantly crashing, until I did this.

My fix:

In another forum, after realizing that raising the DRAM Voltage value would make my computer even more unstable, I decided to lower it down a bit from the default, from 1.2v to 1v, and also setting command rates to 2T, this estabilized my computer during games for about 90%, I can finally play games and although sometimes it crashes it's FAR more estable. I don't have enough money to buy another ram stick or get a new processor off from warranty, so help would be greatly appreciated.

Is there any way these DRAM Voltage settings could hurt my processor? What do you guys think could make this more estable? I want to erradicate my problem.