5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2017 3:44 PM by vexuren

Weird distortion after driver update, please help.

vexuren

I don't usually update my drivers because it causes problems for me, (probably because im doing it wrong) but a little while ago I decided to do it, I updated to 17.7.2 but as it was about to finish it had an error, I don't remember the error code but after it restarted I tried again but this time the 17.8 optional update and the same thing happened, after the third try it worked but as soon as I got in game I noticed it was bright blue and distorted with colours. The problem only seems to happen with games made with Unreal Engine 4, everything else works perfectly fine. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers but that didn't work. So I contacted AMD and they told me a fresh install would probably work, I was told to uninstall Microsoft C++ 2015 (x86) and (x64) and after that use DDU Utility to remove all the AMD stuff in safe mode, after that reinstall 17.7.2 and it should be good, I followed the steps and it still didn't work, I tried it a second time just incase but still nothing. I don't know much about computers so hoping someone could help fix my problem and to have more opinions and ideas then the one guy from AMD.

image.jpgThis is what im seeing in my games.