3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2017 2:22 AM by criskette

WOLFENSTEIN NEW ORDER CRASHES

criskette

Hello, I know that people at AMD know that this games crashes randomly and for me this was the solution (Steam Community :: Guide :: Prison crashes: AMD & RX card solution ) until last drivers happened.

Please I don't want to be changing drivers versions every time I want to play a game, please fix this game, can't be that hard. I would study computer engineering and fix this and every problem with your graphics cards but I payed you 300 euros for that and every time a new game is released I have problems with my RX480 (like Hellblade recently).

Please what is wrong with you?

• Re: WOLFENSTEIN NEW ORDER CRASHES
          criskette

Looks like running game in windows 7/8 compat mode solves the crashes, but then framerate goes to hell and game is not pleasant to play.

I'm sure it's also the game devs problem but man what a shitfest.

rms

That steam post also mentions crashes in Old Blood as well, but I can tell you, having played all the way through OB using 17.8.2 just a few days ago, with frequent checkpoint reloads, that I had not a single crash of any sort.  What I *can* complain about is the extremely long checkpoint reloads and very long pauses as cutscenes were loaded; except for these, though, gameplay was pretty much flawless.  Texture popup & LOD issues are greatly reduced (as to be unnoticeable, really) from the FuryX.  I'm highly suspicious of crash claims when Vega is under heavy load, as I've had zero gaming or benchmark crashes, and am inclined to blame power delivery to the card rather than the card itself. 

In any case, thanks for the headsup!  I intend to play through New Order as well soon, before the new game comes out!

criskette

I have an  RX480 card and games like Doom, BF1, forza horizon 3, etx. run fine. So I think if the power delivery was faulty I'd have problems with those games too. Also lots of people complaining about same random crashes in W:NO.

I blame mostly the gamedevs because I want to think that AMD people looked into this issue but couldn't fix it, because of reasons. I will play this game because I can't refund but no more games from that lazy devs.