18 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2017 6:06 PM by rebelyell

Occt - IBT AVX and some questions - R5 1600 stock

ringo100

Is it normal that:

1) Cpu usage drops in OCCT after some 13mn and than rise up after 1-2mn (I think every time on 13mn that it happens)?

900x900px-LL-3f4f9045_889.png

2) cpu usage drops in IBT AVX 2.54 (I monitored in OCCT, test was in IBT AVX) after some 10mn (first time it dropped from 100% to 60%, after 1s it is back to 100%), than I stopped and restarted test. After 10mn again it dropped but this time form 100% to 90%. Is this normal for IBT AVX test?

example.PNG

Capture.PNG

I run stress test in AIDA64 (CPU, FPU, cache and system memory test) more than 45mn and cpu usage was always on 100% (memory was always above 95%)....

3)  I see that Asus listed on their web motherboard TUF B350M-PLUS GAMING. So x370 version is close? B350 has 4+2 VRM? What so special of that TUF models compared to Strix? More durable? What will be the price?

4) Looking for change my Asrock x370 K4 for maybe Asus x370 Strix because much better memory compatibility. In strix compatibility list there is CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 ver4.31, I have CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 . I think that ver4.31 is samsung B-die, my is hynix. Will it work on strix board at full speed? Anyone here with strix board and this ram?

5) Would x370 strix VRM (6+2) be enough for Zen2 CPU (10-12core??)?

• Re: Occt - IBT AVX and some questions - R5 1600 stock
          rebelyell

yea its odd i found same issue in different way somewhat.  occt always at 16 minutes it would fail. i traced this back to ryzen and the timer of frequency issue they will always have it looks like. since ryzen has big issue with timer in windows anyway.. it dosent seem to be a issue of failing the occt test just an amd issue that may always be there. owell. its an amd fail at this point..

sometimes i kinda laugh at this late stage in the game people still look at mobo compatabiltiy for ram whae you really just need to know ryzen compatability not mobe since thats just a gimmick on mobo sites anyway. just get gskill flare-x and b done with it.. dont bother with compat on mobo site lists, since thats just a kick back sales tactic...

rebelyell

i still cant figure out why people still try to buy corsair crap ram... its just a known problem corsair ram suks for ryzen and its even crap latency on any pc is just a givin.. if you like corsair buy the water cooler thats what they build good . water and electric dont mix well hence corsair. even the psu is half asst from corsair so why bother. just get what a company makes best.

ringo100

Before I buy motherboard I asked on two forums which ram to buy, hynix corsair or hynix gskill. They answer the same, it doesn`t matter Now it is too late to change ram

Regarding IBT AVX some users have much better results in Speed (Gflops). One user with 2133mhz ram and r3 1400 4.0ghz have that score around 80gflops while I have around 53gflops with 2400mhz. Could that be because memory is not set up good, bad timmings?

Here is my timmings:

ryzentimmings.PNG

On that picture geardown mode is set to disabled but in BIOS is set to AUTO

what about that option ProcODT? Shoul I set it to  60Ohm? I read that this option is important...

are settings ok for 2400mhz (memory is CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)?

stone_age

Being you have AIDA64, Use the SPD button to find which chips your ram has. According to the QVL for my board this was supposed to be single rank Hynix but it's dual rank Micron and won't run at 2667. Corsair changes chips more often than they're underwear.Junk Corsair.png

ringo100

here it is:

memory1.PNG

I am worried that my memory isn`t running well, that it has speed problems....

UPDATE: More testing from AIDA64:

mem1.PNG

mem2.PNG

mem3.PNG

mem4.PNG

stone_age

Being it's hynix I don't think you'll see 3200 with it. Here is my 1600 @ 3.8 with G.Skill flareX 2400 running at 2667 on the same motherboard as yours even though it's not listed as I haven't upgraded AIDA64. Not much difference considering my overclock.1600 Mem.pngmemory read 1600.pngmem-copy 1600.pngMem latency 1600.png

ringo100

Thanks for pictures. I am going soon to change the mbo that I will have probably better luck with memory speed.

Question for latency:

Is latency important for game smoothness?

One guy on other forum wrote this:

"Your memory is doing better than mine in everything except latency. When I first tested it in Passmark the latency was 75, and the last time it tested at 65. My system is way snappier now and the mouse is faster and more precise in games."

So high latency (above 90 in my case) can affect games?

stone_age

Your latency isn't really that bad on that benchmark considering most of the lower latencies above yours were done using DD3, DDR2, etc, which run at much lower CAS latencies, but don't have the bandwidth that DDR4 has. And bandwidth is what you want. Look at it like a pipeline. DDR2 and 3 have smaller pipelines than DDR4. The data might get in faster, but the amount of data the pipeline can transfer is smaller.

ringo100

So my latency (93ns) in any way won`t effect game smoothness? So my 60fps in game is fluid as any other 60fps with lower latency?

ringo100

I managed to get memory to 2933mhz. For now seems stable.

2933 - 1.PNG

2933 - 2.PNG

2933- 3.PNG

IBT AVX version is from majorgeeks page.

IBT AVX test stays the same (Gflops), why is that? I am worried that this guy form Asrock forum got the much better high score with slower memory (CPU 1400 - Ram 2133mhz)? Is that normal? AIDA64 score (MB/s) normal for this frequency?

Opinions? Everything ok?

seahawkshunt

Your Aida scores are okay for the timings and speed, if you can run the same timings with geardown mode disabled and1t instead of 2t you will see a bump in overall memory latency and L1 cache latency. Shoot for under 80ns overall and 1ns or under for L1 cache. There are a couple great threads on overclocker.net in regards to Ryzen RAM overclocking, [Official] AMD Ryzen DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread  here you can find if and what timings and speed your exact RAM kit has validated along with what motherboard. My trip to stopping memory training reboots on Ryzen  here a great overclocker (my opinion) has posted some trouble shooting tips he has gathered to stop memory training and getting into BIOS/OS with desired RAM timings and speeds.

There is something wrong with your IBT AVX gflops and time it takes to finish a loop. Have you ran it at stock speeds to compare? At stock the CPU and ram speed you should see over 100 gflops and should take less than 8 seconds to finish a loop at standard settings. I have the  3000mhz Corsair Vengance LPX  CMK16GX4M1A2666C16(Hynix) This is my rig with the closest to your timings I could get. Looks like you are running the correct version of IBT AVX but to be certain check the Offical Vishera owners club at OCN.net  first page "additional downloads" to get the guaranteed correct version for AMD, also run CPU-Z before launching IBT AVX to verify you are running at specified CPU clocks. IBT 2933 16-18-18.PNG

ringo100

- I posted picture of IBT from majorgeeks site, when I tested version from overclock site I got for 2933mhz score around 117 gflops

My memory that was at 2933mhz was stable for 1-2 weeks (didn`t test stabillty in memtest, just played some games). Before 2 days when I turned on PC it entered restart loop mode and it reverted settings to 2133mhz. I don`t have nerve to test it again and I will probably buy a some other board. What board do you suggest for my CMK16GX4M2B3200C16  ram? I was thinking to buy x370 strix but current it has bad memory support, I am thinking to wait for the next agesa update and than decide. Does anyone know when will next agesa be released?

- For Asus x370F strix I read many similar comments like this one :

"The board it self is pretty thin. (probably to keep cost down)"

"Requires a delicate touch"

Can this be a problem on long range? Affect board durabillity?

On the other side Asrock wrote this for their x370 k4 board (my current board):

"High Density Glass Fabric PCB design that reduces the gaps between the PCB layers to protect the motherboard against electrical shorts caused by humidity."

So thin PCB, danger of electrical shorts or something else?

Opinions?

- I am also thinking of buying Taichi but I saw throught 4-5 months some cases on Taichi with annoying electrical / static sound coming from around the cpu part of the motherboard. Has anyone here have that problem?

User wrote this:

"Basicly it sounds like an HDD ticking but there is no HDD installed. Sound only occurs when the PC is idle it seems. Running Cinebench will eliminate the sound completely, therefor i believe the sound might be from power saving options or some sort.

I know taichi is a beast of mbo but I do`t want to end up with this stupid problem....

rebelyell

i breifly looked over the occt. let me tell ya and i will tell yea str8 . no matter how good you are  1 get 16 minutes every time. i know people that tried to get 45 minutes and and they build pc's everyday. only very few can do it and they are set to default with offset not to go over 1.46 its kind of a rule to see if amd can do it and only about 1 in 30 pc's can same settings

ringo100

Sorry I have average understanding of english but I didn`t understand what are you trying to say

rebelyell

im sure you can pass occt but the trick is to keep volts under 1.46 and see if it passes. you can go higher and probably pass maybe but thats way to much for what we experimented with trying to accomplish . so yes, keeping volt uner 1.46 and passing . is a challenge since ryzen has issues on if remember correctly the afx or fxa . well anyway i would need to run it again to test but , i dought it will pass. also very ******* cpu so its not worth the attempt.

also yes it seems ryzen is very consistently fail at same exact same times. i couldnt figure until i read about it. and yes ryzen fails on this and occt will show you the week spot. but not very important unless your big on linux compiling. alot of data not just small amounts. and that was my conclusion.!

1 of 1 people found this helpful