6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2017 4:04 PM by rebelyell

Ryzen 1600X Very High Temps (Tdie)

logipredator

Hello,

I've recently built a PC with a Ryzen 1600X in it, cooling it with a Fractal Design Celsius S36 (360mm rad).

The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-AX370-GAMING K5 with the latest F4 bios.

Without overclocking the temp reach around 76C, and with OC to 3.8 GHz @ 1.375v it reaches 79.5C.

What could be causing those very high temps? I saw a guy on Youtube OC his 1600X to 4.1 GHz @ 1.4v and he has temps at around 73C.

I monitor the values with HWiNFO64, and Ryzen Master has reported the same temps.

Using Cinebench R15 as a benchmark, every time I run it I see performance degradation, with the latest result being only 1000cb.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

• Re: Ryzen 1600X Very High Temps (Tdie)
          rebelyell

super wow factor, this sounds very abnormal.

can you be sure the water pump is running full speed , if not run it full speed 360 is alot of water to move.. make sure fans on rad are working not at low levels . basic rule is keep them atleast 50-75% speed all time.. with a huge rad 360 you need to keep water moving since its overkil . kinda works backwards when overkill so keep it going. for now.

have you jumped in amd site here and downloaded the chipset drivers , if not please do that as you may just be sending false reports to software. triple check bios flash. maybe it wasnt a good flash.. sorry to hear this it should not be running that hot if it continues i would think the cooler is issue or maybe to much thermal paste and so on... so redo and rethink it and post back

rebelyell

if a simple cinebench degrades it somthing is very wrong. i dont think the pump is even running

rebelyell

i can run cpu idle with no cooler on cpu at all on 1800x it hits 90c wtf..

rebelyell

make sure you dont have an air pocket in the cooler, wow

rebelyell

there could be a stupid chip crumb or spec of dirt under the the cooler block and cpu if your chip muncher head.. maybe simple to fix.. and wtf are you running to get 79c  is that idle or what.. if idle pull cooler block off now and total redo it and replace make sure it is hooked up correctly for pump and fans and chech bios to be sure those pins are not turned off.. if al checks out ok and still hot return cooler now and get a reliable cooler. yea i know looks nice but get a good cooler dude. not a nzxt rgb that works 6 months and toast either. just be cool and get corsair h110i and no worries. if this is an issue.. problem is the real nice looking fukers are junk.. im sorry post back ok

rebelyell

if you have an old stock fx fan cooler or anything like phenom cooler put it on and call i hope not amazon or best buy and if so get full refund since they resell broken garbage . buy reliable prodoct newegg  new stuff