17 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2017 11:49 PM by tondelmo

GPU not detected after updating drivers (AMD Radeon RX 460)

mrarska

Hey!

I have ASUS FX550IU-DM070T

• AMD Quad Core FX-9830P, 3.0 GHz
      • AMD Radeon RX 460 (Polaris 11)
      • DDR4 8 Gt RAM
      • SATA 256 Gt 2.5' SSD
      • Windows 10 (64 bit)

So today AMD Radeon settings told me I should update my drivers and so I did. However, after the update I tried opening the AMD Radeon settings again but I got the following message "No AMD graphics driver is installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware." Tried updating the driver from the appropriate category from http://support.amd.com/en-us/download under Radeon RX 400 series and Windows 10 (64 bit) and it's telling me to update into 17.8.2. No idea what the current build is. The AMD software build is 17.30.1041, which I downloaded from the downloads page.

My laptop was able to detect the GPU after I uninstalled the Radeon settings from the install software, but obviously it uninstalled the whole Radeon settings thingy too but once I was trying to reinstall it, it couldn't detect the GPU again. Is there any sensible solution to this? I assume I should try to download the older drivers/builds, but how I do that?

Thanks for help.