15 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2018 3:49 PM by protivakid

Driver installation BSOD RX Vega 56

confusedpanda

Hello,

Unable to successfully install AMD drivers meaning I can only use integrated graphics.

Symptom(s) Blue screen of death when installing display adapters when installing Non-WHQL-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.8.2-Win10-64Bit-Aug24 + Device manager not recognising

System:

I5 2500k (removed OC and set bios to default settings once driver errors started)

gigabyte z68xp-ud3 (PCI 2.0)

8Gb Ram

Windows 10 64 bit

It appears to be a problem initially linked to this file as this initially displayed prior to BSOD with exception error relating to this file.Capture.PNG

Steps taken so far:

Completely removed AMD drivers using DDU

Tried to install in safe mode

Tried to install with trusted certificates off

Rolled back Windows restore to month previously

Downloaded and installed with Windows Defender switched off

Confusingly when I boot up the display is very pixelated like a graphics card error but then boots happily into windows via the integrated graphics.

I have just now managed to install the display driver only using custom install without BSOD which has for the first time displayed vega in device manager.

Any help would be much appreciated

Update:

Have tried a clean install of windows and I have also tried 17.8.1 which fell down at identifying the device.

*I have now attached a log file for the most recent attempt that ended in BSOD.

Message was edited by: And Par