1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 9, 2017 2:06 PM by coldwar

New Aorus Radeon RX580 XTR Problems

narrownico

MY SYSTEM:

• Aorus Radeon RX580 XTR
      • Desktop System
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Current driver 17.8.2
      • LG 22mp48hq-p 1920x1080  @60hz HDMI to HDMI cable.
      • Gigabyte GA-H170N-Wifi Mini ITX Lga1151 Motherboard, Bios Version F3.
      • Intel Skylake i5 6600K
      • NZXT Hale 82 v2 550W Bronze
      • 16Gb

Hi everyone, I've been having some issues with my new Aorus RX580 XTR graphics card while gaming since I bought it, at around 3 months ago. I though this issue was going to be solved with some driver update in the near future, but thats not the case. I have already updated the driver like 4/6 different times over the past months an none fixed the problems. I have tested 3 games so far with it, Dota 2, Bioshock 1 Remastered, and Player Unknown's Battlegrounds. So, it goes like this, im having four main problems with it:

The first of them, no matter what game I'm playing, the game just freezes. The computer still works fine, I can alt+tab and still do whatever I want, but when I go back to the game, the screen is still frozen. If I want to open up Radeon Settings after closing the game, I get a message saying "Radeon Settings is not responding".

The Second. Again, no matter what game I'm playing, my screen goes black, then gives Image again, and shows the HDMI logo on top right, like if I unplugged and plugged  my signal HDMI cable. In this case the game stop responding together with Radeon Settings like in the first case scenario.

Third but not last. Some texture issues In-Game. Like everything looks distorted and there's no other way to fix the issue than closing the game. This never happened on Dota 2.

Four, the worst of all problems. Screen goes black (stops recieving signal) and the sound  I'm currently listening to loops. In the case my only option is to shut down my PC manually through the physical button on the case. After turning on my PC again, I get a message saying "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure".

Things I already tried are tweaking some Radeon Wattman Setting (also tried default, still fails), reinstalling operating system, doing a clean installation of various drivers versions, all problems still here.

The Highest temperature I have seen the card raise is about 83 ºC I think. I have 5 120mm fans In my case with one 120mm Radiator cooling the CPU. I dont have any third party software installed at the moment.

I will provide any information you guys request!

• Re: New Aorus Radeon RX580 XTR Problems
          coldwar

well i was having some issu also for my rx 570 polaris based gpu here few suggestion: (chipset updated) than dial the (radeon update button use one version that is not optional as something they are in test phase express install) to see not a better version is available for exemple the update  last update was rocking a b250m before and no issu whit r5 did add few teak to do if you got problem whit the display may impact also and it is kind of hot for a rx 580 83 C specially the model you got it is one of the best cooling solution maybe a bad case air flow mine was around 70 c whit rx 480 8gb from msi and my new bady rx 570 8gb from sapphire does not go above 65 c since my upgrade on fan(noctua godness) got a mesh case help a lot you may want to teak your fan a bit as often they provide no air when under 50 c will be more wise to spin those a low speed like 25% until 50 c than boost the fan curv i think gigabyte got there own software for that manner refer to there website

Anyways if you can t display at all from the gpu hdmi use your motherboard display input to get in the windows than make the change and retry after a reboot you may have to do some tweaking in bios(motherboard) to change the input for the display good luck and keep working it your lucky to have got one nice jewel from polaris like the card you got little expensive for my taste very solid choice.

sorry for my bad english writting skill hope to have get you some tips to help feel free to ask help to the support team from your gpu or amd

1 of 1 people found this helpful