9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2017 8:36 AM by davidfekete

R7 260x Thread Stuck in Device driver

davidfekete

Hello!

I just bought an Asus R7260x DC2OC 2GD5 

is it possible that i downloaded a way older driver for it and makes me all these blue sreen errors?

hiba.jpg

the picture is in my language but i'm sure who knows whats the problem can help me

some one sadi my power supply is bad is it really the case? my pc is around 6years old i have a chieftec CTG-500-80P

also if any1 can give me the latest driver for the card may help thanks

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: Thread Stuck in Device driver
          elstaci

Your power supply should be strong enough. The R7-260x requires a minimum PSU of 450 watts. Unless your PSU output are out of range.

Plus you have to : INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION .

What is the Error code you get when you get a BSOD?

To download the latest driver, go here and input or pick your GPU card : Download Drivers .

Is the GPU Power connector connected to the GPU card?

davidfekete

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
            • -R7 260X
            • Desktop or Laptop System
            • -Dekstop
            • Operating System
              • Windows 10 64bit
            • Driver version installed
              • Crimson ReLive Edition 17.8.2 Optional
            • Display Devices
              • BenQ GW2255
              • Tenda Model:U1 Adapter
            • Motherboard + Bios Revision
            • -ASUS P8H61/USB3
            • CPU/APU
            • Intel Core i3-2100
            • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
              • chieftec CTG-500-80P
            • RAM

BSOD ERRORS:

-The service (Connected Devices Platform (CDP) User Service 35df4) has stopped with the following error: Undefined Error

-The operating system restarted the computer for error checking. The operation was as follows: 0x000000ea (0xffffa00c43e797c0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). The memory image is saved to the following file: C: \ WINDOWS \ MEMORY.DMP. Report ID: 1138fd08-4e1e-4f0b-ad11-648482b01f54.

-The service (CldFlt) has been shut down due to the following error:
            Request is not supported.

-The service (Connected Devices Platform (CDP) User Service_3910d) has stopped with the following error:
            An unspecified error

--------------------

these are just one of the errors sometimes i got BSOD error even if i'm not touching the pc

jmari0

Hey ive had the exact same issue since today, so if you manage to find a way to fix it please let me know!

davidfekete

I found the same driver and the problem still up is it the power supply than?

vonchen

Seriously I have no idea if the new driver still cause stuck issue. Maybe hardware, maybe driver issue.

I only can tell that what I had experienced with newer Polaris card.

I have a RX460 and later a new RX470. At early stage of Polaris release date(RX460), I have the same issue with you which BSOD and the message is "Thread stuck". If often caused by DXVA(Hardawre Acceleration) whatever the player is.

AMD finally fixed the issue on Polaris card by updating driver(on my case), at least I do not have the issue anymore with RX460 and RX470.

So , maybe you can try to disable Hardware Acceleration if it caused by Browser like Chrome. But I wonder if disable GPU feature is a fix. I can use H/W without issue on my PC.

If you can , try the card on another PC. If can't or the issue is the same on another PC, maybe you want to contact the place you bought it to ask a help or return the card. If updating driver can not fix the issue.

That's all I can suggest.

elstaci

Found this website that explains the BSOD error you received. It has some advice on how to fix it. if your interested. How to fix Windows 10 Thread Stuck In Device Driver error - Windows 10

This is from the above link:

The Windows 10 Thread Stuck In Device Driver error is caused by a driver file being caught in an endless loop while it waits for the hardware to enter idle state. This is usually a driver problem and rarely hardware. Thankfully, a driver or BIOS update can fix it.

The fault usually results in a BSOD crash. If you can boot into your desktop long enough, perform the steps below. If the desktop won’t stay loaded for long enough, boot your computer into safe mode using the installation media and do it from there.

Fix Windows 10 Thread Stuck In Device Driver error

Performing a series of updates will usually fix this error.

1. Update your graphics and audio drivers to the latest versions.

2. Perform Windows update and install all updates.

3. Update your motherboard BIOS to the latest version.

Performing a BIOS update is a serious process and instructions vary depending on motherboard manufacturer. Fortunately, most newer boards offer simple upgrade paths that can be performed from within Windows (if you can load it) or from USB. Many users I have spoken to said that their error disappeared after updating their BIOS so it is well worth considering.

Fix for ATI-based laptops

Windows 10 Thread Stuck In Device Driver errors have occurred on quite a few laptops that use ATI graphics cards. Here’s how to fix it.

1. Navigate to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound and Power Options.

2. Select ‘Change plan settings’ next to the selected preferred plan.

3. Select ‘Change advanced power settings.

4. Find ATI Graphics Power Settings and select ‘maximized performance’.

5. Click Save changes and reboot.

Also the latest BIOS for your Motherboard is:

Version 43062014/01/26 update    2.92 MBytes

P8H61 BIOS 4306
                        Improve system stability.