I build my new Ryzen R7 1700 system this week and run into this problem:
In every game that I have tested the graphics are stutting regular in most cenarios. It is like pulsing FPS. The pictures describe it best. In one game (MWO) I tested different video settings, and it seems that the higher shader settings intensify the stutter.
It feels like the stutter only occur when many objects are rendered, combined with the high use of shaders and shadows. When i reduce the settings in MWO to the absolute minimum, there is almost zero stutter. This occurs in all games.
- mobo:Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K3
- RAM: F4-3200C14D-16GTZ
- Ryzen 1700@stock clock
- MSI RX480 Gaming X
It took me days to troubleshoot this damn bug, and I still couldn't find a solution. I couldn't test another GPU on the Ryzen build but the rx480 works fine on another PC.
EDIT: Maybe the GPU is defective after all, and the higher performance of the R7 1700 CPU just shows this defect more then before?
Any idea or solution would be much appreciated!
What I have tried so far:
multiple windows installations (newest Win10 pro x64 iso, Creators Update)
- no drivers or tools installed at all! except the GPU drivers. still same bug.
- Windows 10 Pro x64 Anniversary Update with GPU drivers only
- disable SMT
- disable HPET in BIOS
- BIOS version is: F4, newest
- RAM: XMP1@3200c14 and the default 2166mzh settings, both work fine without memory errors or crashes
- GPU drivers: 17.5.2, 17.8.2, 16.9.1, always with DDU
- chipset drivers: 17.30 - 25.08.2017
- PSU is fine
- open case, the temperatures are relative low
- delete shader cache in games
- deactivate driver cache optimization
- deactivate driver tesselation optimization