8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2017 12:03 AM by exploda97

DUAL-Graphics Option is missing! FX7500 Win 8.1

exploda97

Hello guys ,

I was playing just fine in recent years, owned this PC for almost 5 years, good graphics and games run smoothly.
      Suddenly, blue-screen popped out, saying "THREAD_STUCK_DEVICE_DRIVER", and therefrom is where I noticed that my games aren't performing as good as before.
      FPS drops and tearing of frames happens as well.

I checked the CCC, and then I noticed, my Dual-Graphic Options has gone upon restarting. Whats worse was I couldn't Configure Switchable Graphics for the games I used to configured.

I saw the FAQ before, but it didn't help much.

Also tried to restore, but no luck. Tried clean uninstall in Safe Mode and reinstall the drivers back to how I got it, but still those two things went missing.

I also noticed in my Device Manager, that the second Display Driver is missing (used to be 2 of them, left right now with only 1)

Please help me out

My PC :

Machine name: LENOVO-PC

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: LENOVO

System Model: 80EC

BIOS: A4CN34WW (V 2.03)

Processor: AMD FX-7500 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G   (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 7098MB RAM

Page File: 2132MB used, 6118MB available

Card name: AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x1309)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Type: Full Device

Please let me know if you need more info, I am really desperate of help

PS : IF this thread is not in its place, please change it into another. A new dude is in the community sorry

Thanks

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: DUAL-Graphics Option is missing! Help :<
          kingfish

Is this a laptop?

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

Screenshot_31.png

exploda97

Thanks for the advice

1. Yes it is a laptop. Lenovo Z50-75. Sorry if I confused anyone.

2. Alrighty will try that one thanks I will update it here by then

3. Extra Info :
              There were 2 graphic hardware before the blue-screen, one is AMD R7 Graphics, the other is AMD R7 M260DX. The latter is missing, when I used the CCC to view my hardware.
              I noticed it through the DxDiag logs (Always kept 1 as reference for something like this) and yeah, the Drivers of the latter is missing.

4. Could it be by any chance FRIED?

Thanks

kingfish

(4) I doubt it.

These are the latest drivers for your laptop...the full version, never the 'minimal setup'. This is the only driver you install > APU

Laptop graphics update...How to

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Make sure Win8.1 is fully updated before trying to install the AMD driver.

Lenovo IdeaPad Z50-75 Notebook Review Update - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      exploda97

Hello again.

So I did everything and so far things are going as expected. However, I got stuck when I am installing the AMD Crimson Software that I downloaded from the link you gave me.

"Failed to load detection drivers" is what that pops out.

Here was I did,

1. Used the Uninstall a component and uninstall AMD components, except the CIM

2. Run AMD Catalyst Install Manager

3. Uninstall all the components from that point.

4. Used DDU to Clean Up anything I might missed.

5. Extraxt and install the APU driver you gave me.

6. Stuck with the phrase above when extractions were completed and installation was about to start.

May I know what should I do next?

Extra : The DDU detected the AMD R7 M260X. It is probably not broken at all, something might messed this system up.

Thanks and sorry if I kept anyone waiting. Please guide me to my next step.

exploda97

Another Extra : The device managers showed me that the current displaying device is

"Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"

exploda97

Update : Sorry my bad about the installation part. I ran the installer in Safe Mode. Turns out, one cannot do installation in that mode.

Good news : The installation went OK.

Bad news :

1) The DxDiag's log does not show any sign of AMD R7 M260 has been properly installed (Just like it was after the Blue-screen and before the installation)

2) The frame rates of my games is pretty bad. Fps ranging from 20-35 fps (on minimum settings on World of Tanks). It used to be 40-60 fps on the same in-game settings.

3) The AMD Radeon Settings shows no sign of Secondary Adapter (AMD R7 M260DX) in Hardware.

Questions :

1)  Is it suppose to be that way? It only shows AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics as its Primary Hardware. I was expecting there would be another one listed down in DxDiag like it used to be when I got it. It is also not visible in the device manager.

2) Did I possibly set my graphics wrongly, in the AMD Radeon Settings? I used to have the Configure Switchable Graphic Applications option when I have CCC before the Blue-screen happened. I optimized everything there and voila things runs very smoothly (40+ fps as expected)

3) Could it be hidden for some reason or it already is under Dual-Graphic mode? If its the latter, why is it my fps runs quite poorly than before?

4) I forgot to ask. Which one is the APU and which one is the GPU? These was what I have in my head :

-AMD R7 Graphics

-AMD R7 M260DX

-AMD FX (I assumed this one is my processor)

Funny thing is that DDU actually detected the AMD R7 M260DX 20170901_015211[2].jpg

Thanks. Really hope this can be fixed

kingfish

What's this about? >

"1. Used the Uninstall a component and uninstall AMD components, except the CIM"

"I ran the installer in Safe Mode. Turns out, one cannot do installation in that mode."

I suspect you have not updated your OS. Without that...all this is a waste of time. You need to follow the guide...Exactly. Each step like it's supposed to be done...when it's supposed to be done. This is not difficult.

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

exploda97

1. I was referring to the "Uninstall a program" feature to uninstall any AMD component". Sorry if that confused you.
                                  2. I just knew that the APU I downloaded from the link given cannot be installed in Safe Mode. So I switch it back to normal and try installing it back. It works, but the performance is just still as bad

I am certain that the OS is updated. I checked for updates multiple of times, to ensure I really do not miss any stuff and even installed the optional ones to be safe.

Since the result of the installation doesn't quite satisfy me, I thought I might installed the APU Driver wrongly. So, I try clean uninstall , reboot and install it back, reboot again; just like the one in the guide, in case my un-installation wasn't perfectly executed.

From this point, I am not sure what should I do. Sorry, but is there anything else you might suspect went wrong? I can check it out.

Thanks in advance.