9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2017 3:26 AM by whiskey-foxtrot

V7900 multi monitor poor quality image

digitalocoee

I own a digital photo service, have built my own multi monitor systems for years. Started in the days of crt's and went to flat screens and now 40 in tv's for display.  I a have always used Nvidia, first time with AMD. Point is, I now what images should look like whether it is analog or digital.

Just built a system to run six monitors,two v7900 card. It works, but the photo image on the screen looks bad. Almost like you used photoshop and oversharpened way to much. Not pixelated, more like oversharp. How can I fix this?

thanks

tom

• Re: V7900 multi monitor poor quality image
          digitalocoee

ps, my name is listed on the post instead of a screen name. Can't find the setting to change that, How to change?

hasdrubal

I don't think you need to change anything on your settings. This is how your post appears to me.

Capture.jpg

digitalocoee

Thanks, on my screen it shows my name. Hope fixing the image quality will be this simple ....

jargon

You see your name by design. This forum only shows your name when you are logged in and reading your own posts. If you log out you only see your username.

Can you take a picture of the current display image with a camera or phone then upload it?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          digitalocoee

Here are photos. Two different systems, both hdmi. The "bad one" is not terrible different in the photos from the good one. I will say that I tried to set one monitor to rgb in the control panel, and it did seem to help. But I have read that rgb is not native to HDMI. Also, it would only led me change the one tv. All others were unselectable (grey) in the control panel.

Good image is people with blue helmets, bad image is one that says "do not photograph" ( I have LOTS of people who want to take photos of the

screen to get free pictures)
                          Also note the photos were taken at different times of day which makes a difference. Bottom photo, early day, good back light, top photo, late afternoon, bad back light. But, in general, you can see the bottom photo is much "softer." The top photo seems overly digitized.

IMG_20170828_111327231.jpgIMG_20170828_110220623.jpg

jargon

I am curious about whether this oversharpened image is display specific. What happens when you swap the displays around? Is there always one that is oversharpened, and if so, is it always happening at the same display port?

digitalocoee

will post more info tomorrow

digitalocoee

So ....

Photos added for clarity. Below is a photo of the system. You can see five of the six monitors. From left to right, two on the desk, the desktop is cloned on these two. Desktop - One Seki monitor 22', oversharp, two is 24' Insignia, looks great. Three on the wall 40' Insignia, oversharp. I played some with the tv settings, and they look better, but not great. Monitor 6 is out of view, Westinghouse, looks ok (FYI - have bought 3 Westinghouse, will not buy again, slightly faded image. Insignia is Best Buy house brand, have about 25 of the them, they look great)

More comment below this photo.

IMG_20170831_084255368.jpg

The oversharp stays with the monitor if port changed.Below are photos of the two desktop monitors. Again, they are cloned so they show exactly the same. One looks great, the other is oversharp.

This looks good

IMG_20170831_090730161.jpg

This is oversharp

IMG_20170831_090742001.jpg

The previous system was three nviia cards with hdmi, vga and dvi ports.  The 40 " tvs were in the hdmi port. That system looked fine.

whiskey-foxtrot

"The oversharp stays with the monitor if port changed." This sounds like a profile issue since it stays with specific monitors; have you reset your ICC/color profiles since you switched GPUs?

Also double check ICC rendering intent and gamut mapping options; I know you've worked with monitors/imaging displays for years, but I've seen this overlooked in many migrations (Nvidia to AMD and vice versa).

1 of 1 people found this helpful