Skip navigation
Log in to create and rate content, and to follow, bookmark, and share content with other members. Not a member? Join Now!
AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ryzen Threadripper 1950X Asus Zenith Extreme latest bios and chipset driver, lag issues ever since i got it

Question asked by photon on Aug 29, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 14, 2018 by moncho

Hello AMD community!

I received my 1950X Threadripper last week, and I've had this annoying lag issue at different ramspeeds etc.

1950X @stock with H115 cooling it alright. No spikes in temperature, stable at 60-65C

Four 3200MHz DIMMs of Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz 32GB Dominator ROG  4x8GB 3200Mhz (PC4-25600) DDR4 CL16, XMP, Platinum Rød

Put in according to motherboard manual recommended position.

ASUS Zenith Extreme 503 BIOS and latest chipset driver.

Speeds tested: 2133, 3066 and 3200MHz.

This occurs at random, cursor will start to drag after itself, anyone I speak to or hear will become a robot for me or I'll be a robot for them. For a couple of seconds.

Happens always during application load, like games, unity sdk, blender and so fourth.

Tried different RAM settings, but could this be a DIMM slot problem? CPU issue?

There is no heat issue at all.

I'll try to provide more info when I get home, but I am currently on a break.

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes

• PrEzi

I've noticed similar behavior. Do me a favor and try to switch to gaming mode in Ryzen Master (disabling the other CCX) and see if the problem goes away.

If it does --- switch to creator and disable SMT.

The Problem should still be there but to a lesser level.

For me it looks like a generic problem of the Threadripper platform --- it appears on my ASRock X399 Fatal1ty Pro Gaming with the latest BIOS (also on the very latest Beta L.1.61 BIOS)... I presume it is somehow related to PCIe saturation.

Memory OC stability is also lower than on the X370 platform (4x 16GB Ripjaws V, 3200 CL14) --> on X370 it runs full speed, on X399 max stable is 2933.

• PrEzi

It might somehow be related to this Windows 10 issue described on stackoverflow:

memory management - Windows 10 poor performance compared to Windows 7 (page fault handling is not scalable, severe lock …

If you run Windows 10 that is...

• demonataslayer

I also have the same issue, 3 months later and it doesnt seem like AMD has fixed this issue.

• moncho

Mouse delays-freeze-lag

New installation and completely unplayable due to issues when moving the mouse.
            On menus or anything else where the mouse is a pointer, slow movements will work for a short while, and then fast movements will cause the pointer to freeze for up to several seconds before jumping to the new position.
            In Google Browser or any other Browser just surfing the internet with 1 or 20 Tabs open response to mouse movements is severely lagged .
            I've check the internet but nothing about this issue.
            I done Bios Upgrade, NVM Upgrade all drives to the lasted upgrade.
            Memtest86 all 4 passed i took a picture but didnt save on my phone.
            Please check the following pictures and let me know what i need to do next. Thank You!
            Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de AdjuntosClick image for larger version.   Name: Capture.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 91.6 KB  ID: 71619 

Click image for larger version.   Name: Capture2.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 166.2 KB  ID: 71618 

Click image for larger version.   Name: Capture3.JPG  Views: 0  Size: 117.9 KB  ID: 71612 

Click image for larger version.   Name: Capture4.JPG  Views: 0  Size: 156.0 KB  ID: 71613 

Click image for larger version.   Name: Capture5.JPG  Views: 0  Size: 130.3 KB  ID: 71614 

Click image for larger version.   Name: Capture6.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 141.6 KB  ID: 71615 

Click image for larger version.   Name: Capture7.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 109.2 KB  ID: 71616 

Click image for larger version.   Name: Capture8.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 104.9 KB  ID: 71617 

Click image for larger version.   Name: Capture9.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 94.9 KB  ID: 71611 

Click image for larger version.   Name: 20180213_181653.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 169.2 KB  ID: 71610