3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2017 2:26 PM by jargon
      • Re: Multidisplay over USB with AM4 APU
        jargon

Officially-supported devices here.

It does not appear that MHL is supported on computing devices other than smartphones and tablets. Also, the support is device-specific, not component specific. As AMD is not a member of the MHL consortium, it is unlikely that any of their products would support MHL, whether they are sold standalone or incorporated into a smartphone or tablet.

effi

Okay thanks for the research.

I´m asking because most usb-c implementation do have some kind of "native video stream"-Mode (more info here -> USB-C - Wikipedia).

I have found some post on the web that i should work. And for example a amazon review where someone used a usb 3.0 to displayport adapter with a "AMD A8- 7400-APU Radeon R5".(source Customer Review).

But i can not found any offical informations.

jargon

I don't know of a A8-7400, but there is a A6-7400K which belongs to the Kaveri family of APUs. These APUs use the FM2+ sockets, and are technically two generations old, so it's not clear whether the reported behavior would carry over.

Either way, if I were you I'd message the reviewer and ask them for their driver version. The APU may technically run fine with MHL or USB 3.1 Gen1 to DP, but AMD isn't responsible for any changes to their drivers that affect the compatibility.

1 of 1 people found this helpful