24 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2017 1:12 PM by locodicegr

green screen r9 380x

sharkhunt

I have seeing some with same porblm, but i dont understand why this happens only now? I bought my graphic about a year ago and played fine, until one month ago! I dont know if it are the new update drivers or if it is the windows 10, because i had win 7, but it updated recently to 10, dont know how it did without knowing :\

Now i cant play any game, its start like a plain going up, doing a lot noise, the temperatures goes to 99 ºC, and then green screen!

Dont have any overclock, dont understand much about this kind of things

Anyone have any idea? Is there any person with win 7 and doenst have this problem? ( to clarify the origin of this problm)

share some thoughts

thanks

• Re: green screen r9 380x
          elstaci

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

What goes to 99 degrees centigrade, your AMD GPU Card? At that range the card is crashing due to overheating. Are you still using Windows 10 or Windows 7?

Visually check the fan on the card and see if it is damaged. A broken fin will cause a lot of noise and not cool the card correctly. Or the Thermal paste on the GPU chip went bad and not transferring the heat to heatsink.

Do you have Windows 10 or Windows 7 AMD driver installed?

sharkhunt

hi thanks for aswring

Sry my bad english. Its my gpu card, i already take my card out, and blow with a proper air cleaning spray, to take all the the dust. I guess they workk proply i cant see because its to close to the bottom of the tower.

Initially i had win 7 and i played normally, but dont know why this upgraded to win 10, maybe i did it by accdent.

my motherbord is MSI H110M ecofriendly, i dont know to find the real win 10 driver for my motherbord since they have a lot of things

ww.jpg

locodicegr

What case you have? Does it have enough cooling?

Use DDU and reinstall 17.8.2

sharkhunt

Hi, thanks for the reply

i guess that i have good cooling, because in the beginning i played well, since a time ago i dont know what happen if it is because of win 10  or amd grapihc drivers, temperatures arise to 90ºc and than green screen :\.

i tryed already all new updates 17.7.1, 17.7.2, 17.8.1, 17.8.2 nothing works

Case?

mommadechicken

It seems that your system fails to talk to the fan of your GPU and/or give it self the commands to cool it self down witch results in a green screen (GPU failure).
                  Try these steps in the same order:
                  1.     Try set a new fan profile in MSI Afterburner. This will give you full control of fan speeds at a specific temperature wich should lower temps.
                  2.     If that did not fix the issue try to update Motherboard bios and chipset driver.
                  3.     Update your GPU driver to the latest version BUT uninstall the previous driver completely FIRST.

Here is how to do each step:

Note: You can use AMD Wattman inside the Radeon settings if you do not like Msi afterburner to manage the GPU fans.

Download MSI Afterburner: MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 Beta 12 Download
                  Go to the options of the app and go to the fan tab.
                  Check the the box:  Enable user defined software automatic fan control.
                  Then move the profile around until you are done, as an example mine looks like this:

Capture5555.PNG

Then click OK and make sure the fan speed box now looks like this:
                  Capture3333.PNG or this Capture444.PNG
                  (Depends on the skin)
                  The goal is that auto is enabled and it is colored all around (red or green)

I recommend you install the latest bios first. (You will need a USB to put the new bios on)
                  If you don't know how to do it here is a video from MSI: MSI® HOW-TO use M-FLASH for single BIOS - YouTube

Here is the download website for your motherboard and pics witch ones to download and the link of the drivers themselves below each pic.

Support For H110M ECO | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global  Capture222.PNG

http://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7994v2A.zip

Then update the chipset drivers on the same site:

Capture111.PNG

http://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/intel_chipse_9_w10.zip

Uninstall GPU driver completely using DDU because this will remove better and more complete than the AMD Clean-up tool: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.7.3
                  Open the program and choose the option:
                  Reboot into safe mode (recommended).
                  Then when in safe mode reopen the program and select the "Clean and restart" button.

Done uninstalling? Install the latest drivers from the AMD website:  Desktop

Still not fixed?

If you could not do a step feel free to ask me what the problem is, where you got stuck etc....
                  And give me your full pc spec list.

Fixed?
                  Tell me what fixed it

kingfish

mommadechicken

Installing /using a third party controller like Afterburner is recommended by...nobody. We have a forum full of posts that were solved by deleting it. Please respond to the post if you have this card and are experiencing the same issue.

mommadechicken

If you don't like msi afterburner don't use it. But allot of people are using it and it works fine for them. IF it causes issues go ahead and delete it.

elstaci

The problem is not if you like MSI Afterburner or not. The problem is that type of software causes conflicts with AMD Wattman which causes all types of issues with AMD GPU cards.

NOTE:

I wasn't replying to you, Kingfish, I was replying to Mommadechicken who just replied a minute ago. But when I hit "Save Reply", I received a message saying I wasn't authorized to post on this thread. When clicked back to the Main Menu at the Forum and reclicked this thread, I was able to save the reply, But it came out replying to Kingfish instead of Mommadechicken.

sharkhunt

Sry am not English and dont understand much about hardware and software. I dont know what is MSI afterburner and third party controller. i guess i dont have anything of that installed, i was googling it to see what is.

and downgrading drivers doesn't work either. i really dont know what is causing this high activity from the gpu today i tried to play dragon ball xenoverse 2 and it worked fine. But xcom 2 and total war warhammer doenst work

Sry to give the same answer, but i did mention to you.

kingfish

Let's make sure your OS is fully updated.

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

Screenshot_31.png

sharkhunt

Sry am not english and dont understand much about hardware and software. I dont know what is MSI afterburner and third party controller. i guess i dont have anything of that.

and dowgrading drivers doesnt work either. i really dont know what is causing this high activity from the gpu today i tried to play dragon ball xenoverse 2 and it worked fine. But xcom 2 and total war warhammer doenst work

kingfish

Excuse me...you said in your post that you have Win7....remember? "Anyone have any idea? Is there any person with win 7 and doenst have this problem?"

elstaci

I was confused also which OS he had installed. Sharkhunt said that he originally had Windows 7 but without his knowledge it automatically updated to Windows 10. Quote : "because i had win 7, but it updated recently to 10, dont know how it did without knowing :\". That was the reason why I was asking him if he had Windows 10 x64 or x32 version. He never replied.

sharkhunt

hi

mommadechicken am portuguese

elstaci yes, even i didn't remember well wich os i had installed first, because it wanst me who installed. But then, in searching a fix for my problem, i saw that i had all along Win 10 64 bit, sry to confuse you and didn't reply back, am so overwhelmed with my final dissertation, that am almost want to hammer my pc. I love playing total war and xcom2 and know i cant grr

sharkhunt

Hello, is anyone know how to solve, or is there any solution for this?