1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 29, 2017 9:13 PM by the14thgod

Can't maintain video connection via HDMI when playing games

the14thgod

First, sorry if this is the wrong form for this?

Secondly I've been trying to hook up my PC to my AVR to play games on the big screen and I can get it to extend over but for some reason when I try to play a game it gets all messed up. Shortly after starting a game all monitors reset as if I disconnected the HDMI cord/monitor. It then goes into an endless cycle of connected, disconnected (i.e. screen goes to black, resets, repeat but every other time the HDMI monitor re-connects). This cycle ends once I disconnect the HDMI cord.

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X DirectX 11.2 R9-280X-TDBD 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Black D…

Radeon Software Version: 17.7.1 (previously had 17.4.x and 17.7.2, but that also did the same thing)

AVR: Amazon.com: Marantz NR1506 5.2 Channel Network Audio/Video Surround Receiver with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi: Electronics

Things I've Tried:

• I am outputting 1920x1080 on all three monitors and am duplicating display 1 on 3 rather than extending it but I have tried extending it as well
      • I ran the scans that were outlined in the basic help/read first forum
      • Did a clean install of the latest drivers (have used both DDU and AMD's Utility)
      • Completely turned off computer to plug in HDMI
      • Used only the HDMI monitor by unplugging the other two
      • Used one DVI, one HDMI monitor
      • Used on Display Port and one DVI monitor
      • Games I've Tried to Date
        • Dark Souls
        • Overwatch
        • Alice Madness Returns

I know this can be done because I've done it before with an older AMD Radeon card but never had an issue getting it to work.

Thanks in advance for any and all help,

Justin

*Random thoughts Edit:

• For a while I was having an issue whenever I restarted/shut-down my computer I had to reinstall the drivers. This was fixed with the scans listed in the 'read first' forum. This is no longer fixed and after a reboot or two the drivers need to be reinstalled.