6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2017 3:50 PM by elstaci

AMD driver is not working properly

pari

i have just upgraded my windows from 8 to 8.1 .I am experiencing that my amd graphic driver is not working properly. System is getting very hot. When i try to open it it says (amd catalyst control center cannot be started) kind of stuff please help me

IT ALL STARTED AFTER UPGRADING MY WINDOWS TO 8.1 . i am using HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC with 2 gb graphic card hd 7670m

• Re: AMD driver is not working properly
          elstaci

You didn't mention which HP Envy m6 series. So, i went to HP Support for the HP Envy m6 1300 series. It has Windows 8.1 drivers for AMD graphics here : HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support . Sometimes it's best to use the Manufacturer's customized drivers for your laptop rather than the generic AMD drivers at AMD Support. The AMD generic drivers don't take into account the manufacturer's customized Laptop, thus could be the reason for overheating issue. If 1300 series is not your Laptop, than go to HP Support and input your correct Laptop model and see if it has Windows 8.1 drivers.

Also, I not sure if you are aware, but that laptop has a battery recall on it. check to see if your laptop qualifies here: HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement Program .

pari

HP ENVY m6-1213tx Notebook PC and when i am opening this link that you have given to me it is showing drivers for windows 8 i want driver that is compatiable with windows windows 8.1

elstaci

Your AMD HD 7670m is considered to be legacy (old). AMD doesn't support your card anymore with Graphic drivers. Here is the last known driver for Windows 8.1 that you can download from AMD Support Legacy . This is from the Download link I just gave you:

AMD Radeon™ Software Support for Legacy Graphics Products

AMD Radeon™ R5 235X, Radeon™ R5 235, Radeon™ R5 230, Radeon™ R5 220, Radeon™ HD 8470, Radeon™ HD 8350, Radeon™ HD 8000 (D/G variants), Radeon™ HD 7000 Series (HD 7600 and below), Radeon™ HD 6000 Series, and Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics products have been moved to a legacy support model and no additional driver releases are planned. This change enables us to dedicate valuable engineering resources to developing new features and enhancements for graphics products based on the GCN Architecture.

Plus this information also from link:

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta Driver

Applicable Products:

• AMD Radeon™ R5 235X, Radeon™ R5 235, Radeon R5™ 230, Radeon™ R5 220 Series Graphics
                  • AMD Radeon™ HD 8470, Radeon™ HD 8350, Radeon™ HD 8000 (D/G variants) Series Graphics
                  • AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 – HD 7600 (including A/D/G/M variants) Series Graphics
                  • AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 (including A/D/G/M variants) Series Graphics
                  • AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 (including M variant) Series Graphics

Applicable Operating Systems:

• Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit versions)
                  • Windows® 8.1 (32 & 64-bit versions)
                  • Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit versions)

Go to HP Support and find out if they have their own customized driver for Windows 8.1 that may work correctly on your laptop.

elstaci

The link I posted was for 1300 series and it does show drivers for Windows 8.1 on the drop down menu. But since you posted the complete model, I don't know if that driver would work on your particular laptop since it is not a 1300 series laptop. Need to contact HP Support and find out if the 1300 series Windows 8.1 driver will work on the 1200 series laptop.

Clicked on the link I posted and went to Windows 8.1 AMD driver. The driver does not show your GPU in system spec which means it is not compatible for your AMD GPU laptop.

locodicegr

update to windows 10 and reinstall drivers.