1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2017 4:52 PM by diziet

RX Vega 64 XTX anyone else having system crashes in The Witcher 3 and XCom 2?

diziet

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
        • Sapphire RX Vega 64 XTX
      • Desktop
      • Operating System
        • Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • Radeon Software 17.8.1
      • Display Devices
        • LG 27UD68P 4K IPS Freesync
      • Motherboard + Bios Revision
        • Asus Z170A
      • CPU/APU
        • i7-6700K Stock Speeds
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • Corsair HX1000i
      • RAM
        • 16GB

If anyone can share their experiences, I've been having a hell of a time getting the system stable with my Sapphire Vega 64 XTX.  I've made a clean install of windows 10, it's a brand new 1000watt power supply, and a fairly new Skylake i7-6700k with an Asus Z170-A motherboard running the latest BIOS.   My monitor is an LG 27UD67p, 4K screen so I'm running my games at native resolution on a mixture of high/ultra settings. My experience in general is the following:

• Benchmarks are stable.
      • Batman Arkham Knight hasn't crashed yet, nor has Nier Automata, Dirt Rally in VR, and No Man's Sky though I haven't played any of them for extended periods.
      • XCom 2 crashes the fastest, generally after only 15-20 mins of play.
      • The Witcher 3 crashes eventually, anywhere from 15 minutes up to around an 1 hour.
      • Turbo/Balanced mode appear to make no difference to stability.
      • The crashes are always the same, graphics freeze for a split second, the monitor goes into standby, the keyboard stops responding and eventually a hard reboot is needed.  Sound may or may not continue to play.
      • No crash dumps are logged.
      • Event viewer, barring the log points made on reboot, is clear of errors or warnings about anything significant.