15 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2017 11:21 AM by ray_m

Error 1603 when triying to install 17.8.1 and 17.7.1 (FIXED)

giou

FIX:

Doing this and restarting fixed the issue Disabling Xbox DVR in Windows 10 - Documentation - Knowledge Base - Steam Support I can now install the driver normally ***

EDIT: You have to edit the registry not just disable it in settings.

• Open Registry Editor (Run > regedit)

• Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore

• Set the value of DWORD "GameDVR_Enabled" to 0

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\

• Create key "GameDVR".

• Create DWORD 32bit called "AllowGameDVR" and set to 0

• Restart your computer.

• I have a rx480 4gb Sapphire
      • Using a desktop
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Partially installed 17.8.1
      • Using a XL2411@60hz for testing purposes
      • z170 m3 MSI latest BIOS
      • CPU i5 6600k
      • 650w Corsair
      • 8gb ram

I downloaded the latest Windows 10 ISO image and installed it, when it finished I started updating the OS and then after rebooting I tried replacing the default windows 10 driver 17.1.1 with the new 17.8.1 and when I press "Install relive" or "Skip" it says that there was an error 1603 and the installation it's not complete.

dsfdsf.PNG

Soon after I can see a windows notification that Relive was successfully installed and it's working fine but the driver still says that is partially installed.

sdfdsfs.PNG

I tried DDU multiple times, tried deleting the amd folder, checking "sfc /scannow" everything seems alright and "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" also seems alright but I'ts a clean Windows 10 installation.

Then I tried disabling the windows anti virus, didn't work.

I don't even have the AMD Software in my "Programs and features list"

I also tried unplugging everything but the mouse and keyboard from the computer (also 2 HDDs I had) and then did another clean windows installation downloading the windows 10 image again.

• Re: Error 1603 when triying to install 17.8.1 and 17.7.1
          mzied

i couldnt install the 17.8 update aswell :/

• Re: Error 1603 when triying to install 17.8.1 and 17.7.1 (FIXED)
            ray_m

Thank you for this useful feedback.

ambrose

Hi Ray,

Just a heads-up, I recently put my HD 7870 back into my computer and I seen this post and decided to install the new driver as well, Never done anything different then what I always do, and I never had an issue. I am on Windows 7 64 bit, fully updated, however the install told me the new driver was installed but my ReLive control panel tells me it is version 17.5.2. The install though went well no issues.

Cheers, Ambrose

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                joepits

Happens to me too, with RX560 on fresh install of windows 10. It seems to be working anyways.

waltc

Good job on fixing your own problem and then getting back with the correction and answer.  Personally, I avoid the xBox like the Plague, especially running its software on my PCs--I even have all the Win10x64 Preview build xBox services disabled--'cause I have no need for them.  But I can certainly see how some others may wish to run them--!  Definitely a Microsoft problem--which I know they will fix.  If you are still on the Creator's Update--you're going to love this next official build of Win10x64--this preview build I'm on (16257) is the best Win10x64 build I've ever used for gaming (since October 1, 2014, my first day on Win10x64)--and it'll be here in just a few weeks for the public!   (Hint: it puts Win7/8.1 to shame, imo--far more compatible--and much better performance, so far.)

I've got more than 350 games installed on several TBs and SSD's, and I'm running an RX-480--latest Crimsons 17.8.1.--and I don't have a *single game* that won't run perfectly!  Some of my games date back 30 years, too!  (GOG does a great job tweaking very old games to run well on state-of-the-art OSes.)  I kid you not...;)  Just thought I'd chime in with encouragement! I always admire people who can fix their own problems and then come back to tell people how they did it. I've always tried to do the same--but these days I have so few real problems I'm getting bored...!...The kind of "problem" to have, eh?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    arun97

Having the same issue tried disabling the Xbox in the settings, even then not able to install the drivers!!

waltc

I doubly appreciate your researching the fix here--today I installed a new Windows10x64 Preview build, 16273, on the following hardware:

MSI 970A Gaming mboard UEFI version 22.4 (M4)/Corsair CX-750M PSU (62a x1 12v rail)/AMD FX-8320E @ 3.2 GHz/RAM 16GB 4x4GB, 2133MHz interleaved, dual channel, 11-12-12-30-48-1T/LG MultiDrive DVD/Boot:Samsung EVO 850 256GB (UEFI boot partition)/2x 1TB WDC WD10EZEX Blue 7200 rpm in RAID 0/ST2000DM 006 2DM164 SATA (2TB)/Asus AMD RX-480 8GB/Realtek 1150 sound/

...and immediately I began experiencing the same problem and error report you opened this thread with! Because of your timely tip I was finally able to fully install the 17.8.1's without the "partial install" warning at the end of the install.  After the 17.8.1's fully installed, I also discovered the new "color" button on the Display tab,  which includes not only the separate color temperature slider--now moved there, but also the new brightness, hue, contrast and saturation sliders!   I don't have any Xbox software on my system at all, nor any xBox services running--but apparently I still lacked the following regedit key and setting (Courtesy your link to Steam support):

1. Open Registry Editor (Run > regedit)
                      2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore
                      3. Set the value of DWORD "GameDVR_Enabled" to 0

My registry was already correct for the above settings, but lacked the following settings, which I had to manually add:

1. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\
                      2. Create key "GameDVR".
                      3. Create DWORD 32bit called "AllowGameDVR" and set to 0
                      4. Restart your computer.

After that, 17.8.1 installed fully and correctly.  And the new Windows1064 Preview build 16273 that I installed today is running fine.  Thanks again!  Saved me a *lot* of troubleshooting...;)

kingfish

Someone needs to use this form > Email Form < to report the issue and the work-around. It goes to the driver support guys.

ray_m

MODERATOR NOTE:  I am glad to see you have resolved your issue. To help keep this post on topic and help other with a similar issue, I am locking this thread.