giou

Error 1603 when triying to install 17.8.1 and 17.7.1 (FIXED)

Discussion created by giou on Aug 22, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 30, 2017 by ray_m

FIX:

Doing this and restarting fixed the issue Disabling Xbox DVR in Windows 10 - Documentation - Knowledge Base - Steam Support I can now install the driver normally ***

EDIT: You have to edit the registry not just disable it in settings.

• Open Registry Editor (Run > regedit)

• Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore

• Set the value of DWORD "GameDVR_Enabled" to 0

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\

• Create key "GameDVR".

• Create DWORD 32bit called "AllowGameDVR" and set to 0

• Restart your computer.

• I have a rx480 4gb Sapphire
  • Using a desktop
  • Windows 10 64bit
  • Partially installed 17.8.1
  • Using a XL2411@60hz for testing purposes
  • z170 m3 MSI latest BIOS
  • CPU i5 6600k
  • 650w Corsair
  • 8gb ram

I downloaded the latest Windows 10 ISO image and installed it, when it finished I started updating the OS and then after rebooting I tried replacing the default windows 10 driver 17.1.1 with the new 17.8.1 and when I press "Install relive" or "Skip" it says that there was an error 1603 and the installation it's not complete.

dsfdsf.PNG

Soon after I can see a windows notification that Relive was successfully installed and it's working fine but the driver still says that is partially installed.

sdfdsfs.PNG

I tried DDU multiple times, tried deleting the amd folder, checking "sfc /scannow" everything seems alright and "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" also seems alright but I'ts a clean Windows 10 installation.

Then I tried disabling the windows anti virus, didn't work.

I don't even have the AMD Software in my "Programs and features list"

I also tried unplugging everything but the mouse and keyboard from the computer (also 2 HDDs I had) and then did another clean windows installation downloading the windows 10 image again.

Attachments

Outcomes