10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2017 3:50 AM by amdmatt

Any ETA on crossfire availability for RX Vega???

gambit2k

When will we get a driver that has the option to enable crossfire? I know RX Vega supports it, but why is the option to enable it missing from crimson?

• Re: Any ETA on crossfire availability for RX Vega???
          railrunner

I just registered to chime in with the same question. Right on release day, I was one of the (very) few lucky persons who actually got two Vega 64 Black Editions for just a little more than MSRP. However, Crossfire doesn't work. It didn't work with those initial beta drivers, nor it does it the recently released 17.8.1 drivers. In both cases, I installed the drivers using "New install" options, which deletes any existing drivers. Both cards are shown just fine in device manager as well as in my Radeon Settings Control Panel. On the later, it looks just like it does on gambit2k's screenshot: Both cards are listed for both settings and Wattman, however no Xfire option available.

What bothers me: If this is a known issue, why it's not listed under "known issues" on the driver release notes? Crossfire on RX Vega has been shown a couple of months ago, I am not sure whether it was on Computex or a financial day, but there was a presentation using two RX Vegas in Crossfire config. In addition, Crossfire works for both Frontier Edition cards, PC Per has tested it and a couple of days ago I watched a Youtube video showing two air cooled FEs in Crossfire, both GPU tach LEDs were around 50-70% flashing.

Since virtually all manufacturers are listing Crossfire as a feature for their Vega cards, it *should* work and I would really appreciate a statement whether we'll get Xfire support in the near future or not. I am aware there might be some power related thoughts to keep in mind, however I am running my card(s) on BIOS 2 with "Balanced" profile max anyways and in the past we also had some power hungry cards which had Xfire support to begin with.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              bearcat22

A 5 minute Google search will tell you everything you need to know about Crossfire\SLI technology. You should have done that before you bought 2 cards.

gambit2k

Well you seem particularly clueless and are no help to anyone. Go away troll.

railrunner

Honestly: I guess most users interested in Multi-GPU configs these days are well aware of the issues and flaws you are going to deal with when using two or even more GPU, regardless of SLI or Crossfire. Multi-GPU is nothing new for myself, although the last time I tried it out was a few years back with a duo of 7970s. The threads of people asking why Xfire is not working or when it will be working has nothing to do with the idea of pairing multiple graphics cards at all or whether it's a good idea of even pairing two Vegas.

Crossfire is feature which is advertised for Vega 64 on websites of multiple manufacturers (XFX, Sapphire, Gigabyte, MSI), it was shown at Computex with Prey and it works with the Vega FE cards. So it *should* be working with RX Vega but it is not. So people who actually intend using this feature are now wondering what's going on. Is it a bug which hasn't yet been noticed by AMDs driver team? Is there an intentional reason why it ain't working? Will it be working at all and if - when? People just want answers why an advertised feature isn't working and there are no informations about it.

-iudicium-

Hi Guys,

Wondering the same thing.

Drivers 17.9.1 released already, still no option for xfire. What a disappointment.

Have my 2x Vega 56-s ready, one sitting idle. Even ordered waterblocks for them.

What pisses me off, is the fact that there was no clear statement that it is not an option in the first place.

Been using crossfire( even tri-fire) setups before, so I knew what i was getting into.

AMD can`t be expecting to have barely 1080 levels of performance (when OC-d) and use just one card for 1440p , when you have 144Hz freesync monitors, or better.

Seriously, what are they thinking. Hope they get it sorted out quickly or they will lose enthusiast grade gaming customers, who ,still to this day, have believed in AMD.

amdmatt

No ETA as i don't know, but what i do know is that as soon as it is ready, it will become available in a driver update.