3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2017 1:45 PM by kingfish

Best AMD Radeon R5 M330 global graphics settings for my PC?

mafdet

Hello, and first of all thankyou for taking thew time to look at this post. This is my first post here as I have just purchased my first ever computer that actually has a dedicated graphics, and yes i'm already astonished on how much better everything looks, I wish i had been able to buy one when I was a teenager and in school so id have the basic's figured out already, non the less, heres my question: (i hope its not a stupid one) what are the best global graphics settings for my software (that it can handle) and if someone can give me a quick run down on the function global settings play in the graphics department? Again, I appologise if this is a stupid question but none the less I am new to this PC master race, so someone please school me! Thanks in advance,

Radeon Software Version - 17.7.2

Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 8 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz (Boosted to 2.9GHz)

Radeon Settings Version - 2017.0720.1902.32426

Driver Packaging Version - 17.30.1041-170720a-316467C-CrimsonReLive

Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1614

Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01292

OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13491

OpenCL™ Version - 22.19.662.4

AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.0220

AMD Mantle API Version - 102400

AMD Audio Driver Version - Not Available

Vulkan™ Driver Version - 1.6.0

Vulkan™ API Version - 1.0.51

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M330

Bus Type - PCI Express 2.0

Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 2.0 x4

BIOS Version - 015.048.000.064

BIOS Part Number - BR46396.001

BIOS Date - 2015/06/17 06:14

Memory Size - 2048 MB

Memory Type - DDR3

Memory Clock - 1000 MHz

Core Clock - 1030 MHz

Total Memory Bandwidth - 16 GByte/s

Memory Bit Rate - 2.00 Gbps

• Re: Best AMD Radeon R5 M330 global graphics settings for my PC?
          kingfish

AMD Radeon R5 M330 - NotebookCheck.net Tech

This laptop will not play modern game titles at high settings.

You should leave everything at application controlled and use whatever game you play to set the graphics options. make sure you have the computer power plan and the graphics power plan set to 'Performance'.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              mafdet

Thankyou for the fast reply Kingfish, much appreciated, I don't use this Laptop for gaming, I bought if for general computing, it was on sale so the graphics card was just a plus! I'm just trying to get my head around the GPU before I spend a large amount of money in the future on a gaming desktop. My computer's power plan is set to High Performance, can you please talk me through setting my AMD/Graphics power plan to High Performance or will this be default set by the program? Thanks again in Advance.

kingfish

If you are not using this for 'hardcore gaming'...then both the computer power plan and the graphics power plan should be left at the default (balanced) setting. The laptop will switch from the low powered integrated graphics (Intel) to the higher powered discrete graphics M330) as needed. Changing the computer power plan to 'performance', however, will make for a snappier computer....but it will shorten the battery time somewhat. Unless you mostly use the laptop on battery...I would set it to Performance. Leave the graphics power plan alone/default.