AnsweredAssumed Answered

What's happening with these Drivers?!

Question asked by yoshimatsu414 on Aug 15, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2017 by yoshimatsu414

I've posted on here many times before about issues with these last few drivers and seems like it's not getting anywhere but here I got again!

Ever since after driver 17.5.2 these driver releases have been a mess, I have an RX 470 and I even have another friend with RX 480 that has the same issues I'm having. One of the main issues is in the video I've posted here: Crimson 17.7.2 Driver Acting Up... - YouTube

This is not the first time this has happened and this issue has been happening since after 17.5.2. I thought it was fixed with driver 17.7.2 but it's been coming back up again. It's just been happening less frequently then with 17.6.x drivers, it was happening almost instantly for me straight from boot. Before this happened just now, all I was doing is playing FarCry 4....the game froze up and crashed and then, the screen started tripping out like this.

I'm getting real tired because the last couple months, the drivers have been a complete mess for me and I know I can't be the only one. I want to upgrade to these because some of the recent drivers have some fixes for things I use but if the drivers keep crashing and doing stuff like this, then these drivers are useless. I have no overclock or anything like that, please tell me this is a known issue or something because issue has been around for a couple months now and I'm pretty disappointed that this has not been fixed yet.

Specs

Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.45GHz CPU

Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming 3 Mobo

Corsair CMU16GX4M2C3200C16R Mem

Asus Radeon RX 470 Strix GPU

Thermaltake ToughPower RGB 750W Gold PSU

Windows 10 Creators 64Bit OS

Samsung U24E590D with DP connection (tried HDMI 2.0 too) Monitor

Outcomes