2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2017 9:54 AM by jfotos

Memory Access Mode grayed out for Threadripper

jfotos

I have my new 1950x up and running but I am little confused as to the Ryzen Master software options (see picture below). For some reason, it appears that the Memory Access Mode is grayed out and is set as "NA" so I can't change it. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks!

Capture.PNG

• Re: Memory Access Mode grayed out for Threadripper
          jfotos

Can anyone help? I'm afraid that I might have some defective part I need to RMA. Any recommendations?

• Re: Memory Access Mode grayed out for Threadripper
              jfotos

Ok, so for anyone in the future that come across this post with the same problem, it was fixed with a BIOS update for my Asus Zenith Extreme mobo. I had assumed (silly me) that this type of functionality would work right out of the box since it was such a big part of Threadripper's mechanics. Turns out it wasn't. After a BIOS update late last night it

After a BIOS update late last night it was finally enabled in all of its glory. Its likely that future mobo shipments will have a more recent BIOS that will have this working, but just in case they don't, this is the answer!

Keywords for future googlers: Distributed NA Local disabled threadripper zenith extreme

Good luck out there everyone!

J