4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2017 1:06 PM by rosca

Can't open AMD Control Center

rosca

Hello, I'm currently unable to open AMD Control Center, it justs displays the message "Radeon Settings are currently unavailable. Please try again after connecting AMD graphics", but I have been getting this other message randomly "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropiate for your AMD hardware".

I have performed a clean uninstall and reinstall of my AMD drivers, using instructions found on various posts (Delete AMD folder, uninstall the software through the control panel, and using Display Driver Uninstaller on Safe Mode) and installed APU drivers, but I still can't open the Control Center. I also have disabled Windows automatic driver updates using this link: Windows 10 Forums

My specs:

Laptop: ASUS X550IU - GO098T

GPU: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics, AMD Radeon (TM) RX 460 Graphics

CPU: AMD FX-9830p

Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X550IU 1.0 (Don't really know what tu put here, I'm using CPU-Z to find out this information)

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc., Version: X550IU.300, Date: 10/21/2016

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Can't open AMD Control Center
          kingfish

This is the correct driver > APU never select the 'minimal setup'..always use the full version.

Screenshot_1.png

In Device Manager...any yellow marks?

Did you completely disable all/any anti-virus/anti-malware programs while installing the drivers?

3. Disable All anti-virus/anti-malware/anti-anything

4. Delete the contents of the C:/AMD folder of all previous drivers

5. Win10 users..take the necessary steps to prevent/delay Microsoft automatically changing/installing graphics drivers using one of these methods > Windows 10 Forums

Laptop graphics update...How to

rosca

Thank you for the response, I'm in the process of doing the steps you gave in your reply. I checked Device Manager, and theres a yellow exclamation sign con "Video Controller" under "Other Devices", I don't know if that is important.

kingfish

Yes...that yellow mark shows there was/is a problem with the drivers not installing correctly. Follow those steps and it should be fine.

You might want to do a clean install of the AMD drivers > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

rosca

Well, not only a clean reinstall did not solve the problem, but it actually made it worse. Now I can't run any game software since they don't detect any GPU. Also now device manager shows yellow icons for a lot more things, for example on Display Adapters, it shows yellow signs for my AMD Radeon RX 460, and AMD Radeon R7. If I go to properties on either of them it says that "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)".

I believe I did every step correctly, so I don't know what could have gone wrong.