3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2017 10:09 AM by inlandchris

Failed to load the detection driver

inlandchris

I tried to update my R9 280X Matrix with 17.7 2 and got the error msg in the subject. I am running win 7, 64 bit. I ha e plenty of memory and storage. I get this error from the detection program and from the catalyst, all failed, what can I do? Dont really want to buy from another company just because the drivers will load.

tried to find older drivers but cannot locate

• Re: Failed to load the detection driver
          goodplay

Try manually download/install full driver Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            kingfish

"Dont really want to buy from another company just because the drivers will load.

tried to find older drivers but cannot locate"

Really? Have you tried Play Station?

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

Screenshot_31.png

inlandchris

Thanks for all the help. I have been busy and haven't been able to research drivers but there is a new development; my ASUS Rx280 Matrix failed and ASUS will not repair it. Also, my ASUS motherboard failed right in the middle of my programming. Bought a used one on ebay to hold me off.

I re-installed windows 7 on a new SSD and all these installations now work, even check-disk works. Yes, something seriously wrong with my old Windows 7 on the other SSD.

So, as it stands now, I can install a new driver but I don't have a graphics card; using an old GTX 660ti to hold me off. Looking for a graphics card that will handle 5 monitors as one display. Nvidia doesn't do that unless you buy 2 in SLI mode. Right now, looking at the AMD 580 but have not had the time yet to make sure it will handle 5 displays in portrait mode as one (eye infinity).

Best, to all

Craig