1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 29, 2017 3:56 PM by tyrolan

AMD Driver 17.7.2 issues with Windows Movies & TV

tyrolan

Just updated to AMD Driver 17.7.2 for my AMD Radeon R9 390 Serires on my Windows 10 64-bit machine yesterday.  Found out today that the Windows App Movies & TV would not load any streaming or local installed movies (other streaming services and apps worked, such as Twitch.TV, Netflix, etc).  It would try to load the purchased movie and it would load the player and then show a black screen with the movie controls on the bottom, but would never start or load the video.  Had to uninstall the driver and found that it started to work again (this is after a good hour and a half of going through Microsoft Support Documentation on how to fix their apps, clear their cache, check Windows File Integrity, etc, even went as far as to uninstall and reinstall using Windows PowerShell and still wouldn't work).  Attached my current DXDiag to this post.  If we can get someone from AMD to look at this or at least reach across the table to MS teams that control the Movies & TV app, that would be great!  Until then, I guess I have to sit on the older driver for my video.

If this is not the correct place to post this, please point me in the right place and I'd be happy to provide the information there.

• Re: AMD Driver 17.7.2 issues with Windows Movies & TV
          tyrolan

Just a note, I tried the latest Beta drivers and it works again, and so does 17.7.1 drivers.  However, the Beta drivers and the version below mess with some gaming capability.  So, until we get the next set of signed drivers and released, looks like this will be a problem.  Also, to note, I completely removed all drivers and did a clean install of 17.7.2 (the latest) again and it still causes Movies & TV app to not work.