4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2017 6:59 AM by kingfish

AMD Catalyst Software Suit not updating

ellimbor

Hello, I have 2012 HP Pavilion g7 laptop (all specs on the DxDiag file attached) and AMD Catalyst Software Suit is not updating after a long time has passed since I last updated it. My current version is 15.201.1151-150821a-18472... and I'm trying to update the software via the AMD Control Center to 17.30.1041-170720a, and I'm failing to do so. The only thing I can think of to fix this is trying to manually upgrade to 17.30.1041-170720a, is there a way to do this? Maybe something else is wrong with my computer, can someone check it out via checking my DxDiag file? Thanks for reading and helping!

• Re: AMD Catalyst Software Suit not updating
          goodplay

old friverCapture.PNG

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: AMD Catalyst Software Suit not updating
            kingfish

It's really easy to update the AMD drivers for your laptop. You use what Microsoft gives you through Windows Update. There are no drivers available on the AMD site for your graphics chips. None of the new drivers support your laptop.

Direct your question/issue to Microsoft > How to report Windows 10 bugs to Microsoft?

Or you can revert to the OS the laptop was designed for.

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:

• AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
            • AMD E2-2000 APU
            • AMD E1/E2-1000 Series APUs
            • AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
            • AMD C-Series APUs
            • AMD Z-Series APUs

NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver. Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

1. Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
            2. Reboot the system
            3. Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU.