2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2017 8:08 AM by elstaci

Radeon HD 6850 Driver Issue

jdizzle921

Hi,

I recently installed and started up a game on steam and got the error message:

" The installed version of the AMD graphics driver has known issues. Please update to the latest driver version:

AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Installed: Catalyst 13.12

Recommended: 16.300.2311.0 "

I searched the internet and forums here and found the two relevant threads (One where another user had Windows 8 and another informed them the driver update apparently exists but the OS didn't support the update and ended the discussion, and the other where a user linked AMD's 'Manually Select Your Driver' page) The only issue is that the manual selection page only has the Catalyst version which I already have.

I've got a AMD Radeon HD 6850 1gb

I'm running a Desktop w/Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Radeon HD 6850 Driver Issue
          elstaci

Your AMD Graphic card is not supported by AMD anymore. It is considered LEGACY (old).

AMD Radeon™ Software Support for Legacy Graphics Products

AMD Radeon™ R5 235X, Radeon™ R5 235, Radeon™ R5 230, Radeon™ R5 220, Radeon™ HD 8470, Radeon™ HD 8350, Radeon™ HD 8000 (D/G variants), Radeon™ HD 7000 Series (HD 7600 and below), Radeon™ HD 6000 Series, and Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics products have been moved to a legacy support model and no additional driver releases are planned. This change enables us to dedicate valuable engineering resources to developing new features and enhancements for graphics products based on the GCN Architecture.

As a courtesy to our valued supporters we are providing a final Beta driver together with the release of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition. The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta driver includes the redesigned user interface as well as some enhanced features. More information can be found in the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 for Non GCN Products Release Notes. This driver is provided "as is" and will not be supported with further updates, upgrades or bug fixes.

For users looking for a WHQL certified driver, the AMD Catalyst™ 15.7.1 driver will continue to be available for users running Windows® 10, Windows® 8.1, and Windows® 7.

Here the Support page with the last driver where I copied the above statement from AMD : Legacy

• Re: Radeon HD 6850 Driver Issue
            black_zion

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows+10+-+64

The last driver update available for that card is Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta. Download that driver.