Bought MSI 350M Mortar,Ryzen 1600 and Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 3000MHZ. All brand new from Amazon.
On boot, the motherboard does not POST and has the CPU 'ez debug' light on.
- Reseated the CPU
- Checked the CPU power cable
- Checked the CPU fan cable
- Checked the motherboard power cable
- Used only one stick of ram
- Switched to HDMI from DVI
- Checked for any motherboard standoffs shorting the board
- Reset the CMOS
- All other PC parts are working to my knowledge
Could there be anything else I missed?
Anything else to establish if this a faulty cpu or motherboard? I'm not sure which is more likely.
Sadly I don't have access to another AM4 mb or cpu
I have read that the B350M did not support Ryzen 5 unless the bios was updated ( rev 1.0) I don't know if this was fixed in rev 1.1 (my board)
I have contacted MSI for support but posted here in case anyone could help.
CPU fan connected/correctly? Not sure if this is needed.