- AMD R9 290
- Desktop System
- Windows 10 64bit
- MSI B350M Mortar Rev 1.1
- Ryzen 1600
- Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 3000MHZ
Bought MSI 350M Mortar,Ryzen 1600 and Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 3000MHZ. All brand new from Amazon.
On boot, the motherboard does not POST and has the CPU 'ez debug' light on.
- Reseated the CPU
- Checked the CPU power cable
- Checked the CPU fan cable
- Checked the motherboard power cable
- Used only one stick of ram
- Switched to HDMI from DVI
- Checked for any motherboard standoffs shorting the board
- Reset the CMOS
- All other PC parts are working to my knowledge
Could there be anything else I missed?
Anything else to establish if this a faulty cpu or motherboard? I'm not sure which is more likely.
Sadly I don't have access to another AM4 mb or cpu
I have read that the B350M did not support Ryzen 5 unless the bios was updated ( rev 1.0) I don't know if this was fixed in rev 1.1 (my board)
I have contacted MSI for support but posted here in case anyone could help.