4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2017 2:42 AM by amdmatt

Ryzen 7 1700x freezing and crashing in some but not all games

jonathankampia

I recently got a new Ryzen 7 1700x along with an Asus ROG Strix B350-f Gaming and 8 gigs of Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM. I kept my Gtx 1060, 500gb SSD and 850W PSU from an old build with a much worse motherboard, processor, and RAM combo. So basically all 3 that I kept I am sure aren't faulty.

Basically what has been happening is on some games, most notably for me Rocket League, I've been getting occasional freezing and thus game crashing. There are 3 scenarios when I load up Rocket League; 1: The game loads up fine with no freezing at the start menu and I'm able to play it. 2: The game loads up fine with no freezing at the start menu but when I enter a game or free play it freezes indefinitely, the sound keeps playing, and then I have to ctrl+alt+delete and sign out to get the application to close. 3: It freezes at the start menu and repeat the second part of #2.

I also play a lot of Overwatch, but I have never noticed the game crash in this way.

I know it can't possibly be CPU heat; I have a corsair h55 water cooler and CPU temps read anywhere from 50 degrees to 60 degrees C under max load (given the 20 degree buffer on the 1700x).

I am pretty darn sure it is the CPU, as like I said I had no problems with my video card before, and I tested it out on a very CPU reliant game, Minecraft, which almost always crashes as soon as I load in a world.

I looked this problem up but all I saw was stuff about AMD releasing a fix for crashing back in March or something, which should have definitely gone into effect by now, right?

FULL SYSTEM SPECS:

Ryzen 7 1700x

8gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RAM

Asus B350-f Gaming mobo

GTX 1060 6gb

Sandisk 500gb SSD

850W X4 Special Edition PSU