6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2017 1:13 AM by deepeasttxag

worth buying ryzen and vega ?? plz help first time AMD buyer

jatt

when i saw new Ryzen and VEGA i loved it its half price then intel and gtx

i have i7 2600k with 780ti its like 5+ yrs old cpu still running

in 2018 new games coming out they require more new cpu or gpu+ram

am wondering now i have to new cpu and gpu so i talk ppl in my clan mostly ppl saying Spend on AMD is waste coz mostly games r optimize for GTX but amd not

now am confuse its like its my hard work money and i wanna spent nicely

i saw youtubers  they saiyng its amazing coz they get paid or  get free AMD stuff

• Re: worth buying ryzen and vega ?? plz help first time AMD buyer
          black_zion

Ryzen yes, they're competitive with Intel and have better price points. Also, AMD has committed to Socket AM4 through 2020 with Zen 2 and Zen 3, whereas Intel has gone back to their old game of requiring a new motherboard, so the upgrade path for AMD is also less expensive.

As far as RX Vega goes, still another couple of weeks to go before those hit the market, AMD delayed the launch so a larger number of cards would be available in case miners sap all the stock. Supposed performance is that Vega 56 will perform between the 1070 and 1080 with Vega 64 being between a 1080 and 1080ti, but it's all rumor.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            Earnhardt

Have used Nvidia and Intel in the past,but mostly AMD in the last 15 years,have never had a GPU or CPU fail,no driver issues,Played Mostly Battlefield (1942-BF 4)games,COD,FEAR,Half Life,Grid and GTA V,Have used Crossfire On all systems for last 10 years,Built many systems for others as well,And absolutely no complaints,Have always been able to run all games on Ultra,no stutter or tearing. And the best part is they have always been cheaper to build.

If I was gonna do another upgrade right now,I would for sure go AMD again

jatt

my friend told me nividia gonna release volta end of this year so new volta is realyy powerfull then current 1080ti

if vega 64 is equal to 1080ti then buying new volta is real deal

today i bought new ssd 850 evo its really amaing just waiting for few more week need money

deepeasttxag

I just recently built a new Ryzen rig. I would definitely go with a Ryzen processor. You're not going to beat for the price/performance. And it will likely be much more future proof as Intel is likely going to abandon the 1151 socket soon, and games will likely begin to utilize more cores. However, on the video card side, I think Nvidia is still the way to go for maximum performance. Everything I've read suggests that Vega will not match the 1080Ti in terms of performance. So if you're on a budget Vega might be the way to go. But if you want the max performance from a graphics card, I'd get the Ti.