4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2018 7:27 AM by billybob1

Odd RX480 sleep issue. 

hodgepodge

I have a Gigabyte RX480-D5 with 8GB.  It is installed into a Gigabyte GA-990FXA motherboard with an AMD Phenom 1055T running Windows 7.   I am running an HP 2509m monitor on the HDMI port.   Graphics driver version is 21.19.407.   The card works fine in this older machine with occasional bug-wars or pixel screen after bringing the monitor back from sleep mode.  No big deal.

Here's the problem.  When the monitor goes to sleep, I get a constant device disconnect and reconnect "ba-donk,ba-dink" sound from my computer every few seconds.  Constantly.  CONSTANTLY.  Whenever the monitor goes to sleep.  Anybody have any ideas?   

• Re: Odd RX480 sleep issue. 
            billybob1

I have the same issue, my second monitor, a HannsG HH251D is not recognised in device manager and comes up as a "Generic PnP Monitor", but it is in Radeon Settings, where it has these settings:

(I'm running it as 61 Hz at the moment to see if that helps)

Horizontal Timing Total - 2080

Horizontal Timing Display - 1920

Horizontal Timing Front Porch - 48

Horizontal Timing Sync Width - 32

Vertical Timing Total - 1111

Vertical Timing Display - 1080

Vertical Timing Front Porch - 3

Vertical Timing Sync Width - 5

Horizontal Timing Polarity - Positive

Vertical Timing Polarity - Positive

Interlaced/Progressive - Progressive

G.Pixel Clock (KHz) - 140960

G.Refresh Rate (Hz) - 60.9984

Current HDCP Status - Enabled

Current Link Settings - Not Available

.... but nothing works, and it CONSTANTLY disconnects and reconnects when the monitor is asleep. I was only able to find out what was connecting and reconnecting using EventGhost. (a program that shows all events).

It's really annoying.