4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2017 8:29 AM by heis

Crash Problems as well as blue screen due to drivers - Laptop : Radeon HD 7970M & Radeon HD 7660G

heis

Hello,

Lets do it short, here is my problem;

After a complete wipe of the OS, i reinstalled Windows, updated it and cleaned intalled the diver (DDU in safemode and Legacy AMD catalyst 15.7.1). I, now, have a problem with some games.

The only difference between then and now is the language setting on windows(Before French, now English).

When I follow the tutorial about laptop (Found on this forum), there is usually is a problem after the driver installation and then the computer has a BSOD of everchanging nature (Kernel Security Check Failur, Memory Managment, etc)

After a restart, everything looks fine and the Device Manager show that drivers are intalled. Yet as soon as i start some game,that were perfectly working before the process, (I tried with HOTS, Hearthstone and CS:GO),the whole pc freeze and theneither a BSOD appears with the problem usually being BAD_POOL_HEADER or it stay like that forever . On the other hand, Diablo 3 and Age of Empire 2 HD Version seems to be working just fine. On top of that the games start and function "properly"(as well as possible with windows graphic drivers) between the DDU and th reinstallation of Drivers.

I have also tried the beta Legacy crimson but if i run it it only install the 7660G's Driver.

The Driver auto-detect isn't working either.

In the past i also had problem but nothing which wasn't solve with some tinkering (Roll Back driver and the pre-July update of the Auto detect driver).

Here are my specs :

Msi Laptop

Processor : AMD A10-4600M APU

RAM : 8G  DDR3

GPU : Radeon HD 7660G & Radeon HD 7970M

Display Driver : 15.200.1062.1004 (AMD catalyst 15.7.1 win10 64bits)

BIOS : "MSI_NB - 1072009", "E16FKAMS.509", "American Megatrends - 4028D"

NB : I don't know if it normal or not but when I open the 7970M Properties tab on the Device Manager, the location is set as PSI Bus(PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0) whereas the 7660G one is set as device(PCI bus 0, device 1, function 0)

NB2: During the Driver installation, a notification pop-up to advise to restart because a new device called "pci bus" has been installed.

Thank you

And I'm sorry if there is any mistake as english isn't my main language.