2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2017 3:34 AM by conradarizona

RX580 FPS Drop & low passmark score

got2bhockey

I've been noticing a lot of micro-stuttering while playing games on medium settings (Rocket League, PUBG, Rust, CS:GO, etc). While troubleshooting what could be causing it, I decided to run a passmark test on my card and received a score for 4891. I ran this test a few times just to make sure the results were correct and got around the same score each time. I also tried to up the power to +50% as suggested in another AMD support post to no avail. This machine that it is running on has a freshly installed (and fully up-to-date) copy of Windows 10 on it. Specifically the card I have is MSI Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5.

Any further troubleshooting steps that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: RX580 FPS Drop & low passmark score
          got2bhockey

Tried doing an uninstall of all existing AMD drivers, then a reinstall. This appeared to have given me a bump in passmark score (5900), but the score is still well below what the card should be putting out at. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?

• Re: RX580 FPS Drop & low passmark score
              conradarizona

I had the same issue with the MSI RX 570 Gaming X 4GB

I don't think the passMark software is good for the latest video cards

the funny part I had an higher score with my old R7 250x2GB

and that is obviously because they have to update the passMark database with the latest video card models

Honestly I won't be so mad about what the PassMark says

PS same thing happen with benchmark user pc test the scores are too low

and according to a youtuber benchmark the RX 570 is pretty much very close to the RX 480 just 2 or 3 FPS  differences

and the power consumption on the RX 570 is way much better than the RX 480

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWqF5fDAZqA