6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2017 6:51 AM by leyvin

17.7.2 ReLive / Microphone Record Issues

leyvin

ReLive-Issue.png

2017 08 03 14 09 - YouTube // ReLive Recording

RADEON SETTINGS 03 08 2017 14 09 28 - YouTube // Xbox DVR Recording

I recorded both via ReLive and Xbox DVR at the same time to showcase the issue better, and should be able to be played in side-by-side tabs remaining in-sync.

The issue is somewhat basic here. Regardless of the Headset there is simply nothing recorded via the Xbox One (or Xbox 360) Controller... Kinect (v1/v2 via USB 2/3) simply crash ReLive.

While the Headsets I have do "Technically" work to record via the Realtek Mic In (Back or Front) Ports... the reality is it's barely audible even with maximum boost and record levels, and it sounds like I'm trapped down a Robotic Toilet. That makes even C64 Vox Codec sound state of the art; thus not an option.

Now from the Systems perspective, I'm simply using a USB Headset... and thus it works in... well everything.

And I have no issues recording System or Game Audio; Zero. Bare in mind the "Output" is again said same Headset, which flicking through the forums beyond the obvious "Activate Mic Recording" (see Videos) responses seems to be the main caveat most are running into as an issue; and I'm feeling somewhat special in the case where many complain they can Record Game (Desktop) OR Microphone, just not both.

Honestly that as a problem would be a step up from just getting nothing... and feel free to crank up those audio settings to max, it's not simply very quiet... it's outright not recording anything.

< • >

Now as a short additional... is there an ETA on when you're going to Fix Multi-Adapter Support (in DirectX 12) when using an APU + Discreet GPU?

I get an Access Violation each time I attempt to create a Shared Heap.

2 Discreet GPU though... not an issue.

And no, I'm not talking Crossfire but MGPU (MDA) DirectX 12 functionality, it works very differently to Driver-Based AFR on two (near) identical GPU.

There was an issue introduced in Crimson Relive that created this 'Access Violation' issue when creating the Shared Heap Memory (think Software UMA) that allows 2 completely different GPU with different Processing Capabilities and VRAM Sizes; as if for example the R7 Graphics on the APU is merely handling FXAA, HBAO+, etc. it doesn't strictly need the *entire* scene just the data important to doing it's task between Barriers. It allows you to leverage additional Graphics more efficiently for performance uplifts; and the APU + Discreet GPU or Old GPU + New GPU are likely to be the most common scenarios; and realistically speaking the former is more likely than the latter because you don't need an extra PCI-E x16 Slot.

Still with Boards like the B350, which "Technically" don't support Crossfire but *do* have an additional PCI-E x16 Slot .. this opens up the likelihood of Multi-GPU Systems to be more commonly available but only really utilisable via said MGPU approaches. This as I noted does still work, but Scenario 1 doesn't.

With 7th Gen being quite popular amongst OEM Manufacturers like Dell / HP / etc. and Raven Ridge (Ryzen APUs) also expected towards the end of the year / early next year... well this is likely to become an ever increasingly likely Scenario to perhaps have resolved.

Given they're going to be up to 8C/16T Variants (thus likely also 16CU, which is why I'd imagine the RX 560 was bumped up to 16CU from the 14CU of the RX 460; so you're only making a single component for the SoC) .. this means you'll have Competent 1080p Gaming APU that also has the Processing Power to be paired with RX 580 / VEGA without really compromising performance; and having an extra 16CU just sat there on the CPU, be somewhat of a waste due to a Driver Bug that prevents Shared Memory.

• Re: 17.7.2 ReLive / Microphone Record Issues
          whiskey-foxtrot

I can only address the first part of your post (Audio settings in ReLive). ReLive records your audio just fine as you can see here: 2017 08 04 03 40 Audio Relive Test - YouTube

I just recorded a quick sample test (Don't mind my voice, it's almost 4AM for me here) - the point is, you have to make sure Windows' Sound Settings is properly configured and whatever you are using as your mixer, knows how to route your audio. As in, your input/output sources have to work as you want them to, in a logical manner. If it's not, don't expect it to work in any third-party app, in this case ReLive.

I use multiple inputs/outputs using "Voicemeeter" and Virtual Audio CABLE (A/B) also from the same company as I sometimes record from multiple MICs, with various audio inputs - either external mixers for live mixed music, background music/sound, cameras etc etc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              leyvin

Alright ... Found one of the Cheap Line-In Standing Mics that I had just tucked away (as I recall it being damn near inaudible when I got it)

As you can tell IF I use the Front Panel Mic-In, it'll pick up what the Microphone is recording when I select it.

But nothing else works. Now I get a bit rant-y in the clip, because honestly this is somewhat frustrating me; but surely AMD have someone who can go down to Best Buy... grab an Xbox One Controller and Headset to replicate the issue.

I mean I have the same issue with the Bluetooth Headsets, and as noted the Kinect (regardless the version) just outright crashes ReLive.

2017 08 06 05 25 - YouTube

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  whiskey-foxtrot

The point of my video earlier is that it doesn't matter what input devices you're using - you have to have it set up in Windows first - this has nothing to do with AMD ReLive. Getting your Bluetooht Headsets (or any other input device for that matter) is out of the scope of ReLive.

As you can see from my video, I can have multiple audio inputs (and I generally do) - I have 2 Mics, a physical mixer, a software based mixer and external video input. You have to make sure you provide the proper audio routes in Windows first regardless of whether you use AMD's ReLive, XSplit, OBS etc etc.

For XBox One controller issues I would check on the XBox forums, or even on Windows forums or general audio forums.

leyvin

I have literally no idea what you mean by "Audio Routes in Windows"

The Devices I'm trying to use are Windows Audio Sub-System Defaults, not that this should matter given the option to select within Crimson ReLive Settings the Audio Source I wish to use... in fact for the first videos (where I showcase that the Default Recording Device is working within Xbox DVR, while is it Silent in ReLive) is to clearly showcase that there is no issues with Input.

If you like I could record XSplit, OBS, Skype, Discord and Xbox DVR all at the same time... they ALL work without issue.

Where-as ReLive does not.

The second video, where I switch between (while maintaining the Xbox Headset as Default Device & Default Communication Device) as well as showing the Windows Audio (Recording) Device Manager and Settings, plus the Asus Realtek Audio Manager.

As I explained in my first post, this issue is EXCLUSIVE to ReLive.

I showcase that the Microphone is Selected by the Application. That it is picking up Audio. That it is configured to support Exclusive as well as Shared Mode. That it is Enabled in ReLive.

It is in essence behaving as if it is Muted. This behaviour can also be replicate by setting the Lin In Mic, that I was using as a Back Up Source if I set it's Input Sample to 96KHz or above (which it apparently doesn't support) ... while the Xbox Headset (when not via the Controller) as I was able to unlike the Mic Inputs via the Asus Driver; that allowed it to support the Rear Port (but it only Supports Headset Output *OR* Microphone Input... NOT Both) does work with ReLive in that Scenario and actually does support *ALL* Sample Modes.

With this said via the Controller it is LOCKED to 1 Channel, 16-bit, 24000Hz just as the Kinect is LOCKED to 4 Channel, 16-bit, 16000Hz

Even if I wanted to change these... which I shouldn't have to, I can't. The Windows Audio Sub-System supports: 1-8 Channels, 16/20/24-bit, 8 - 192KHz, as such any of these modes should be viable as a Format, but I do have a feeling this might be the root of the issue here.

Now this could be an issue IF ReLive is limiting the Input to 44KHz and above, or what is more likely happening trying to match System Audio (i.e. Playback Sampling) with the Microphone Input (i.e. Recording Sampling)... as in most cases System Playback will default to 48KHz ("DVD Quality"), as such this could explain why it crashes with Kinect (4x16KHz = 64KHz Total Sample Rate); while also explaining why the Xbox Headset is acting as if it's Muted, because it's within the expect Data Range (i.e. not Overflowing the Buffer) but when it receives the "Zero" data this give the impression the device is muted / incomplete data.

That is after all how it's behaving... as a Muted Device.

whiskey-foxtrot

Thank you for clarifying - it seems to be an issue with down (or over) sampling and this makes sense now. If you have reported this exact data from your last post to AMD, perhaps amdmatt can recommend someone to look into this?

I do not use Asus drivers nor do I have an XBox headset to test this out with or I'd try to replicate this.

leyvin

Turns out I wasn't quite right, but I was along the right track of what the issue was.

ReLive Audio Workaround (Issue Cause) - YouTube

Now thank you for the Application suggestion as it actually allowed me to figure out what was going on via it's built-in diagnostics; and I'll leave this here for other people to have a workaround until this can be resolved in ReLive. Seems to be quite a well documented issue (for Windows 10, doesn't affect Windows 8.0 / 8.1) with suggested "Best Practises" on MSDN to resolve it (which was easy to find once I knew what to look for).

I'll nudge the suggested engineer to this thread, as it would be nice to just have this working "Out of the Box" rather than needing a 3rd Party Tool to resolve.