27 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2017 1:01 PM by krankypants

17.7.2 Crashes Computer?

kenyomurabu

What the heck is going on...

My Desktop is killing my GPU with nothing even running, & my PC

just crashed, & tried to dump my Memmory...

What is AMD doing? Trying to ruin our computers?

They need to fix this ASAP, whats taking them so long? ~_~

• Re: 17.7.2 Crashes Computer?
          goodplay

Google "memory dump file".

kenyomurabu

Yes, well I don't want my PC doing that...

I already know whats wrong, it's my GPU Catalyst thats doing it...

My GPU is completely noisy, & making sounds... & I am not even running anything...

Thats not right... Everything was fine before the Update...

goodplay

You asked on another thread, to download previous drivers, have you done that ?

If you still have problems on older driver, then more than likely the issue is with your pc, post a new thread for that and someone may be able to help.

"gpu is completely noisy, & making sounds" ?, did you buy it new or used ?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      kenyomurabu

The closest Driver I can Install, is from 16.12 or whatever...

And it works perfectly fine...

But All my settings on the Catalyst disappears when I do that... Because it's an old Update...

I don't wanna have to go back that far, just because of a shty update...

I bought it new, & it's not that old... & the GPU isn't the problem, it's the Catalyst, ~_~

kenyomurabu

The earliest it lets me go back for a Driver is like 16.12 or something...

It won't let me install any of the 17. whatever drivers...

17.7.1 was the last working Driver...

17.7.2 doesn't work... It crashes my PC...

artur.aragao

I'm having problems too and these are new drivers or some functionality in them. Blue screen errors occurring in normal use, but in a situation that does not make much sense.

Catch every time I open a video on Twitter. This - https://twitter.com/sawasiro96/status/893073558766669824. But, funny that is not any video. Freeze, take a while until everything stops, wait a little longer and blue screen.

After what I saw here, and 3 sequential errors in the same way, I am convinced that the problem is with the new driver. I upgraded video codecs and everything and the problem persists the same way.

Dump FileCrash TimeBug Check StringBug Check CodeParameter 1Parameter 2Parameter 3Parameter 4Caused By DriverCaused By AddressFile DescriptionProduct NameCompanyFile VersionProcessorCrash AddressStack Address 1Stack Address 2Stack Address 3Computer NameFull PathProcessors CountMajor VersionMinor VersionDump File SizeDump File Time
                    080417-15171-01.dmp04/08/2017 09:17:18 0x0000013300000000`0000000100000000`00001e00fffff802`3667734800000000`00000000ntoskrnl.exentoskrnl.exe+16c550NT Kernel & SystemMicrosoft® Windows® Operating SystemMicrosoft Corporation10.0.15063.502 (WinBuild.160101.0800)x64ntoskrnl.exe+16c550 C:\Windows\Minidump\080417-15171-01.dmp1615150635.531.09204/08/2017 09:18:45
                      kenyomurabu

This doesn't explain why my GPU went from normal State on 17.7.1 to all of a sudden acting weird in 17.7.2 Update...

I haven't even had my GPU very long, & it was a new GPU, I don't think the GPU is the problem, I think it's the Catalyst thats the problem...

I want to go back to 17.7.1, but it's not letting me, it says the earliest I can go back is to 16.12 or something...

That is way too far back...

My GPU was quiet durring 17.7.1 Update, it only started getting noisy after the 17.7.2 Update...

I have read what other people have been complaining about with their Updates, & it seems no one is happy with this Update...

Just let us go back to 17.7.1 Update...

Or at least give us 17.7.3 Update that fixes whats wrong with July 27th Update...

My other Computer didn't even need the July 27th Update, it succesfully Updated to the 26th Perfectly fine, & it's having no issues at alll...

The GPU that is having problems with the 27th Update, didn't even Install a full Update, cause half my settings are missing...