1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 7, 2017 5:35 PM by yoshimatsu414

Multi Monitor Black Screen and Pauses

yoshimatsu414

Hello,

I am on driver 17.7.2 and just recently connected my TV as a second monitor. I don't use it all the time so sometimes I make it so my PC only shows only one display. So if I want only my PC monitor to show I'll go to windows 10 settings and display then then select "show only on 1" in the drop down box for example.

With my monitor only showing and my TV is turned off (power and all), the GPU seems to "ping(?)" the TV every 10 to 60 seconds, I assume, because I get a freeze and a black screen for a second or sometimes longer as if the TV is getting reconnected. When I unplug the TV from the HDMI port completely this issue stops. This issue also happens the other way, when I have only the TV selected, the picture on the TV freezes and the PC monitor wakes up as if the GPU trying to reconnect to it for something reason. If I unplug the monitor or shut it completely off, this issue stops.

This is a little inconvenient, it there any solution for this issue? I didn't want to have to keep unplugging and reconnecting monitors.

btw there are DVI, HDMI and DP on my GPU. The TV is on HDMI and Monitor on DP.

• Re: Multi Monitor Black Screen and Pauses
          yoshimatsu414

Bumping this because I still need help. Can't figure this out. I also Really don't want to move back from drive 17.7.2 because it has some nice improvements although still not the most stable driver.

Speaking of not stable, sometimes nothing will show up on my screen after being woke up by moving mouse (PC not sleep). Didn't notice this happening in previous driver versions and haven't really changed anything else besides upgrading the driver since.