0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2017 7:12 PM by d4rk0wl

Driver updates, crossfire issues

d4rk0wl

Hello,

I am experiencing some weird issues after updating to the newest Radeon drivers (17.1.1). Prior to the update I was able to see the status of my secondary GPU (in crossfire) via both afterburner, and the AMD Radeon settings panel. Now, after the update all information about the card is not displaying. I attempted to do some reading on the issue, and some say that the control panel will shutdown the second card when not needed. Is this true? If so, is there any way to disable this?

Furthermore, it does not seem crossfire itself if actually working. For testing purposes, I enabled the "AMD Crossfire Logo" option then ran a game which previously was utilizing crossfire and I was unable to see the logo. I am sure that this game was previously using crossfire because I was able to monitor the GPU load on the primary and secondary GPU.

As I said, prior to the update, crossfire was working fine and I was able to view the status' of both cards. Now, I can only see the temperature and load of the primary card and because of that I cannot use Afterburner to set fan speeds.

Specs:

CPU - AMD FX8350

Mobo - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0

RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance

Graphics - (2x) MSI R9 270x

HDD - Samsung 850evo, (2x) Seagate 1TB

I have also attached some screenshots demonstrating my problem.

Any help would be appreciated on this issue, thanks in advance

P.S. - From my searches the only relevent thread I found on this issue was (https://community.amd.com/message/2805625?q=Driver%20updates,%20crossfire%20issues ). On a whim I verified that crossfire was enabled in the registry. Sorry if similar questions have been asked before but for the life of me I was unable to find any other relevant posts.