AnsweredAssumed Answered

Latest 390 drivers fail with 3d blu ray for me

Question asked by userduzer on Aug 1, 2017
Latest reply on May 29, 2018 by jigsaw86

3D blu ray does not work anymore with the latest driver for my desktop 390 card. The latest whql driver for AMD R9 390 Windows 7 x64 [whql-win7-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.7.2-july27] does not let me watch blu rays with my set up.

Reverting to an older driver (my previous driver was 16.12.2 solves the problem. My main monitor is display port. Secondary is a 3d projector Epson tw9300 via receiver Yamaha a3060 connected to the AMD 390 desktop card via HDMI. It works fine with the older driver but with the new driver, PowerDVD 17 fails to send the receiver/projector the signal, which appears to be routed elsewhere (towards monitor 1?) even though my main monitor (which is not 3d capable) is switched off.  

If anyone can flag this, or see if this happens to them that would be great. I'm aware support for 3d is diminishing, but what is perplexing is that it still appears to be sending the 3d stream as I've been able to view the interface in 3d for a few seconds, but only after the initial (presumably hdmi) handshake has failed, preventing the movie from playing at all.

I'm curious to know if anyone else is affected in the same way or if this might be an easy driver fix?

Outcomes