3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2017 1:03 PM by peccavi

Unable to use video editing software since I installed the latest AMD Driver for my RX 480

emlan

Unable to use video editing software since I installed the latest AMD Driver for my RX 480

PC specs are:

• Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1-
      • AMD FX-8370 - 16.0GB
      • Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz -
      • 8192MB ATI Radeon RX 480 Graphics (Sapphire/PCPartner)

The editing software is Lightworks Pro, which I have used for a couple of years with no issues. I last used it about a week ago and it was all fine.

Inbetween then, I installed the latest crimson / re-live driver as I was prompted to update. A couple of days later, when I have tried to use the video editing software, it will no longer display any videos.

I wondered whether there could be an issue with display driver so I installed all new windows updates, did a clean uninstall of display driver and reinstalled the driver.

Now when I enter the editing software, as soon as I attempt to view a video file, the whole display goes black for a second and I get a windows error message that the display driver stopped responding momentarily.

The same thing happens when I try to run a GPU test from within the Lightworks program.

I do not seem to be having any issues with any other applications. Video plays fine in VLC and on chrome.

I was able to boot up and run Witcher 3 at 60fps as normal.

I ran a benchmark test which the GPU passed as ok- although working below expectations.

I understand that the issue may lie with the Lightworks program itself, and I am trying to look into this also, but it does seem given the timing of the driver update + the error message about unresponsive display driver, that there may be in an issue with the driver itself.

Any help would be much appreciated.