5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2017 9:14 AM by black_zion

my ryzen 5 1600x reaching 80c-100c temp

ranny0509

i have corsair h100i 2v buy ryzen 5 1600x still reaching 80c-100c temp on idle and my mobo asus x370 hero 6 help me plssss!!

• Re: my ryzen 5 1600x reaching 80c-100c temp
          ranny0509

its not even overclock yet but the temp is so high.

black_zion

Sounds like a reading error. Sometimes with mine (Crosshair VI Hero WiFi + R7 1800X) it'll shut off claiming thermals despite the reading never going near 55°C and fan never ramping up.

mistered

What CPU temperature are you referring to? The expected CPU idle temperature depends upon a lot of factors including:

* CPU

* CPU cooler

* Proper CPU paste installation

* Computer case

* Case fans

* Fan speeds (CPU & case)

* Ambient room temperature

etc.

Prime X370-Pro, Corsair H60, Ryzen 1700X @3491 MHz (default). Used IntelBurn Test for full load tests. Monitoring using HWInfo64.

CPU Temp:

CPU (Ttcl) = 50C idle, 81C load

CPU (Tdie) - 30C idle, 61C load

CPU (socket) 44C idle, 62C load

Fans speeds

CPU = 402 RPM idle, 839 RPM load

Chassis1 = 0 RPM idle, 668 RPM load

Chassis 2 = 0 RPM idle, 662 RPM load

AIO Pump = 3534 RPM idle, 4017 RPM load

Prime X370-Pro, Corsair H60, Ryzen 1700X @3925 MHz (overclocked). Used IntelBurn Test for full load tests. Monitoring using HWInfo64.

CPU Temp:

CPU (Ttcl) = 51C idle, 99C load

CPU (Tdie) - 31C idle, 79C load

CPU (socket) 43C idle, 77C load

Fans speeds

CPU = 710 RPM idle, 2008 RPM load

Chassis1 = 385 RPM idle, 1163 RPM load

Chassis 2 = 516 RPM idle, 1268 RPM load

AIO Pump = 4245 RPM idle, 4354 RPM load

I use AI Suite 3 to set fan profiles. The motherboard seems to be using the socket CPU temperature to regulate fan speeds.

I have never had my computer shut down due to high temperatures.

mistered

black_zion i don't understand why your fan is not ramping up? Aren't you using thermal fan profiles for all your fans?

As you can see my CPU and 2 case fans are controlled by CPU (socket) temperature. That keeps my CPU cool enough so that it never gets hot enough to cause the computer to shut down.

black_zion

99% of the time it works well, and the sensor readings ASUS uses match up to the actual temperature

but there's a slim chance the sensor will suddenly (and incorrectly) jump to 100°C and trigger a thermal shutdown, or even to -60°C and cause your fans to die and cause an actual overheat, it's a bug ASUS hasn't fully worked out yet. You've probably noticed too how occasionally one or more fans will suddenly kick to 100% and stay there, same bug, even on the Crosshair VI Hero.

The Prime X370-Pro is even worse, sometimes the AIO Pump header and a couple of others will completely drop out while others kick into full speed.