83 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2018 9:40 AM by s_mcduck

mouse and screen lag with radeon-crimson-17.7.2

sonixmon

I have to say I am happy with the performance of my RX480 but disappointed with the drivers Unfortunately new drivers dont seem to be improving things. I switched back to AMD after being with NVIDIA for several years because they are getting way too expensive. No hardware or performance complaints with the switch, just driver issues.

I had to downgrade to 17.7.1 to get rid of the lag...

• Re: mouse and screen lag with radeon-crimson-17.7.2
          lizardkweef

Same here, switched to an RX580 because I could get it really cheap, but not happy at all with 17.7.2. Downgraded too, after the downgrade, I heard that it could be caused by mouse software and as I have a Corsair program, I tried again with the software disabled, worked for a while but soon after the mouse stutter was back, so now again on 17.7.1. Hoping that the next driver will be soon and better...

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            carter

I also had the same problem with AMD 17.7.2 on my RX480.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              thinkingfingers

Just switched to red for the first time. Also like the hardware and the Radeon settings app, but 17.7.2 is very disappointing. I'm also getting micro-freezing, even outside of games, and some games go to a black screen almost immediately. Back on 17.7.1 and things are working fine. Hope they get a fix out soon.

Forgot to add, I'm using an RX570.

vjftw

I had this problem when I first booted up my PC today, but it seems to have disappeared after ~15 minutes.

My System info (from Radeon settings):

Radeon Software Version - 17.7.2

Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive

Graphics Chipset - Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics

Memory Size - 8192 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1342 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz

noodles59

I was plagued by this problem too (win7) but this was not crimson related - it's is the msahci driver dated 2010

Try this (attached) and change the registry key value to 0 to use the bios ahci driver permanently - no more issues here with mouse lag even on my AMD box.

blacksheepa1

I have a R9 M290X 4GB variant. (Laptop)I get late response, micro-lag upon boot and wattman problem in Crimson 17.7.2 so i reverted back to 17.7.1. I like to start off by saying that wattman is not available for mobile graphics and only Overdrive is ONLY available instead of wattman why? Sometimes I get this error just how it appears "Render device not found!" 17.7.2 plagues my fellow AMD enthusiasts and hope a fix comes out soon!  Although I will admit I see a huge increase in performance boost and less heat production in 17.7.2 if only it was stable!

poqdavid

I also got the same problem but everything else was fine and I hope the problem will be fixed soon.

--------

AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics

Windows 10 (64 bit)

unforseensin

i have figured out the issues with this micro lag it may not be a fix or not but when i had corsair link on i would get this micro lag with mouse since i disabled it i dont get it anymore. I had used this to monitor my pc temps but now since i dont have it loaded up anymore i decided to download Hardware Monitor to read my temps i got the micro lag again...so i suspect that something is interrupting when reading temps on your pc with AMD Radeon settings app....so try disabling ANYTHING that reads your pc temps and fan settings

finalpaladinz

I have the cursor lag issue as well, never used Corsair Link before. The mouse will just freeze up every few seconds and the only way for me to fix the issue is to revert to a driver before 17.7.2.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Ryzen 7 1700

RX 480 8GB

shepspat

Same problem on my RX 480, i don't have a corsair mouse but a watercooling with corsair link and when i turn it off, the lags disappears.

pozzo2014

I have this too. No Corsair. This surfaced specially after I updated to the new Rx 580 and installed the latest driver. I now have installed an old driver 17.5.2, waiting for a proper fix asap!

My specs: (I Overclock nothing, not one thing)

Gpu: MSI Rx 580 4gb Armor Oc

Cpu: Ryzen 7 1700

Ram: 16gb DDR4 2400 Corsair Veng. LPX

Mobo: Asus prime b350 m-a (with latest BIOS)

Psu: Antec VP650pm 650 w

Display: Benq Vz2250H

Mouse: CG MArksman II

chzbrgla

The problem is somehow related to hardware monitoring processes.

If I open hwinfo, hwmonitor, cpu-z or nzxt cam, I always get the same microstutter and mouselag. I suppose that's also the case with corsair link and other applications causing the stutters.

Close the application and it's gone.

This was definitely introduced with 17.7.2!

Hoping for a fix soon because I really need nzxt cam for fan control etc.

poqdavid

You are saying any type of program that pulls hardware info will cause the problem and by closing it must fix it because this have happened in more than one update from AMD and i was thinking why this keeps happening, but i don't recall installing any type of program.

finalpaladinz

I think this is true as well. I reinstalled 17.7.2 to try and test whether it was hardware monitoring software causing the issue and turns out it is.

CPU-Z, HWmonitor, HWinfo64 all cause the mouse stuttering, but if I close those apps then it goes away. The info tends to update 1 or 2 times every few seconds so maybe that explains why I was getting the lag every few seconds.

Even the graph in Wattman is causing the cursor lag! But if I close the window it goes away. So there's an incentive right there to fix this issue. Surprisingly I don't seem to be getting the cursor lag with GPU-Z.

notagain

Not sure if this will help anyone else, but I had mouse lag with an RX480 after updating to 17.7.2. I have an Acer freesync capable main monitor and a 1080p TV attached to the card. Going into W10 display properties and telling it to show only on one display or another fixed the lag. Both display adapters had already been set to the same 1920x1080 60Hz and that did not fix it, updating mouse keyboard drivers did not fix it, only the disabling one of the two monitors did.

donarkaz

There are massive issues with Windows 10 Creators update and AMD Drivers at the moment with multimonitor setups and ESPECIALLY when GPU scaling is involved.

I've been plagued by a similar issue since I've updated Windows 10 with Creators update. I'll roll it Windows 10 back to before the update, since downgrading the AMD drivers has not worked for me, and I've tried several releases.

eremiticwolf

Getting this problem as well. I didn't have it until I upgraded to the new driver (17.7.2). I have uninstalled the Radeon 17.7.2 driver, then followed the directions on the AMD error 1603 page. Used both the AMD Clean Uninstaller and the DDU software. Restarted the computer and the screen lag/mouse stutter went away. Reinstalled the AMD Radeon 17.7.2 driver and the problem returned.

I use the Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8 GB O.C. and the Logitech G502 mouse.

eremiticwolf

Update: After more mouse stuttering, slowdowns reading from HDD and computer lockups I used DDU to completely remove 17.7.2 from my system and reinstalled 17.4.2 and the system is running fine again.
                                            If anyone at AMD could tell me what to look for in the event logs I can look or send them to you.

poqdavid

I just reinstalled the driver and nothing lags except in login screen for windows and Heroes of the storm but other games are fine so far

eremiticwolf

After my last update the problem came back. As others have said they tried, I shut down Corsair Link and the problem went away. I am using AI Suite II to control my pump and fans now. No mouse stuttering or system slowdown.

meliewx

https://community.amd.com/message/2814229#comment-2814229?q=mouse stutter

Was already raised - make sure you report it through the actual program so AMD can follow the issue.

Somebody responded that they were looking into the issue.

jayan

shigh! this update totally ruined my hp-15 g002ax laptop . it was working fine with 17.7.1 then a message popped up saying that new update is available and i just tap on it. after updating it started giving me video TDR error (atikmpag.sys) and restart. i re installed windows and let windows choose drivers for it. still sometimes get this error.

ricochet

Yeah same here. Also downgraded back to 1.7.7.1 today.

1.7.7.2 gave me some weird mouse issues (mouse would randomly stop for a couple milliseconds.) Works fine with the older driver.

lizardkweef

I just noticed that 17.8.1 is out. Can anyone confirm the mouse lag is gone while still using RTSS, HWiNFO and stuff like that? I'm in my exams so really don't wanna go through the hustle of installing, noticing it isn't fixed, roll back,...

finalpaladinz

The only thing that mentions anything about mouse stuttering is this under the "known issues" section the release notes.

"Radeon WattMan may not reach applied overclock states on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products or may cause mouse stuttering when left running in the background."

Source:

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.8.1 Release Notes

WattMan will cause stuttering when I have in open not just with RX Vega, but with my RX 480 as well.

finalpaladinz

You know what, I think AMD is fully aware of the issue now after reading the 17.8.2 notes.

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.8.2 Release Notes

Under "known issues".

"Mouse stuttering may be observed on some Radeon RX graphics products when Radeon WattMan is open and running in the background or other third party GPU information polling apps are running in the background. "

At least we know that they know what is going on with this whole mouse issue so that's a positive.

zefah

Having the same issues here with my new Radeon Vega 64. Was using a GTX 970 before this for a few weeks after building my new Ryzen system and never experienced the issue, so it's almost certainly the new GPU.

ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero (WI-FI AC)

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

Corsair LPX 16GB DRAM 3000MHz C15 x 2

Radeon RX Vega 64

Windows 10 Pro

Seems to happen almost exclusively for me when using a web browser. At first it seemed to only happen after the system had been awakened from a sleep state, but now it's happening even on clean reboots. Definitely severe when scrolling through Facebook or an image intensive page, or frequently when I try to load a video on YouTube or elsewhere. The mouse cursor and screen locks up for up to a few seconds.

velocibear

I am having these exact same problem and it all started when I installed my new Radeon RX Vega 64. Scrolling through webpages on a web browser and attempting to play videos on most sites cause my system to hitch up and stutter really bad with my screen and mouse cursor locking up.

Intel I5 6700K

16 GB Ram

Radeon RX Vega 64

Windows 10 Pro

zefah

Turns out that you can get rid of the stutter by simply disabling hardware acceleration. It's completely gone in Chrome and now Edge after I disabled it. Of course, you lose out on hardware acceleration of any kind, but it's better than encountering stops and stutters all of the time. Hopefully AMD will fix this someday.

miketal441

Sorry for my misinformation. I have a RX 470 SAPPHIRE NITRO+. I got my card stable by going to 17.4.4 WHQL driver , disabling ULPS and powerplay in MSI AB, and using WattTool 0.92 to change p state OC / undervolting the voltage offset from +25 to +6.25mv or 0 and setting the right voltages and turning on LLC (01). WattTool is a third party utility and it says it's for Rx cards only but people use it with rx5xx and even to undervolt Vega as well. With -4 powerlimit for 1330-1402 mHz avg. or +29% and  I seem to be stable for a couple days at 1405mhz 1148mv. No bsod ever. I undervplted my 4gb/1750mhz Hynix bus memory from 1000 to 970mv too. If you use this driver be sure to use the WHQL version, I first installed 16.11.3 then 17.4.4 and patched it . 17.7.1 and 17.4.4 no-whql caused bluescreens too. The issue is it doesn't even appear when it happens just corruption or black screen. I hope this helps unfortunately Vega owners are out of luck until the drivers are fully stable

pozzo2014

Sometimes my Pc freezes using opera after these new fangled Crimson drivers. Happened today in fact. Stuttered and froze. Mouse then pc! What is going on?

miketal441

EDIT: Removed my rage. The problem is just drivers since ReLive. I tried my Rx470 with 16.11.5 (Nitro+, not supported due to DualBios/custom PCB by Sapphire, yet 5xx are supported... grr) The problem gets ironed out by DDU and reinstall but eventually comes back. I have a VEGA 56 and did not buy a 1080, and i found the problem happens less on Fall Creators Update, though still when booting the mouse 'stops' for a bit and then goes to normal. I like to play with old win7 for higher opengl performance in those niche games that run OpenGL. For some reason OpenGL always tops out at 60-80fps while win7 can easily hit 110+fps. On the same vega 56 and radeon driver. Do note i do not overclock my vega, i just set the fan to trigger itself a little later, and it is not overheating; the problem is the monitoring/polling issue, still not entirely fixed. So AMD, please fix, your card is great, and i am sorry for my rage again, it was a little immature - just really hate software problems that i can't really fix myself.

hendriksie

My screen & mouse freezes since my Vega 64 runs on the 17.8.x drivers.

Disabling hardware acceleration in my browser fixed it tough, but not a solution I would like to have.

s_mcduck

I am having mouse freeze on my laptop with A8-7410 and R5 graphics (but strangely not on my laptop with A12-9700P and R7 graphics). I am not, to the best of my knowledge using any third party app such as those mentioned in this thread that could be causing it. I only do basic gaming on these laptops but I do want to be able to use the display colour controls that have been moved back into radeon settings. The mouse lag is just too annoying though.

relayer

I have been experiencing mouse stuttering. This issue has been extremely frustrating.

Win 7

I5 2500K   mild oc to 4.0  (water cooled)

16 g ram

OS loading from SSD       (have performed recent reformat and OS re-install and update)

Saphire Nitro X RX 480 OC

Mouse is Razer Naga w/software   (have run with this and standard mouse- no difference)

I run DDU or the AMD driver clean utility each time I update graphic drivers. All driver versions starting with 17.7.2 have caused the mouse stuttering. It can be prevented by going into Task Manager and killing AMD threads. Of course you then lose any benefit of this program. There does not seem to be a way to prevent the Radeon settings app from starting with Windows, which in itself is somewhat disappointing.

I have reverted to 17.7.1 and the stutter is gone. I will await resolution from AMD before allowing future driver updates, thus foregoing any possible performance improvements via that route.

Is this just a minor quibble? NO! It happens ALL THE TIME each and every time I move the mouse no matter what I am doing on the PC. I spend hours each day on my PC and it DESTROYS the experience.

Please AMD, address this issue.

sonixmon

I am disappointing in the response to this and carelessness of releasing very buggy drivers. I am also disappointed with the performance using FreeSync with my RX480 and various drivers and monitor firmware.

Wish I could have afforded to go with G-Sync at this point but couldn't. :-/

msoky9

try uninstall AMD AHCI controller driver and replace it with standart microsoft driver...this helped me (AMD driver was dated from 2015 and I have ryzen + AM4 motherboard)

finalpaladinz

Just upgraded from 17.7.2 to the 17.9.1 driver and the mouse stuttering issue is now fixed for me.

Under Fixed Issues: "Mouse stuttering may be observed on some Radeon RX graphics products when Radeon WattMan is open and running in the background or other third party GPU information polling apps are running in the background."

Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.9.1-Release-Notes

My specs:

Ryzen 7 1700 + RX 480 8GB

Windows 10 Pro

Thank you AMD

relayer

I also have installed 17.9.1 drivers and the mouse stuttering is gone on my RX480. Now to re-install my 2nd 480 and start trying to optimize Crossfire for my machine.

s_mcduck

Great news that 17.9.1 fixes the mouse freeze problem.

is there a tutorial somewhere on how to install non whql crimson drivers on Windows 10? I have tried disabling driver enforcement in startup as well as entering test mode. Maybe 17.9.1 is not compatible with mobile APUs?

carter

For God, until when the developers of AMD, will still be unable to fix the problem of the mouse. This is a lack of respect!!!! I invest my money to buy a RX 480 OC Sapphire +, and I feel stolen by AMD, they should return the money to all owners of the RX series. I apologize for the lack of respect, but they are FOOLERS !!!.

carter

They have already spent more than 5 months with the same problem, and they have not given a solution, they have not even bothered to apologize to users, or at least tell us to be patient !!! Oh my God!!! that someone from AMD's face !!!!! I paid what your graphics card costs !!!! You do not give it away !!!!

colesdav

Hello,

I understand you are upset about this issue but can I please ask if you have uninstalled your existing driver and installed AMD Crimson ReLive 17.9.1 yet?
                                                                                                This issue does seem to have been fixed according to  Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.9.1-Release-Notes
                                                                                                Thanks.

carter

I did a clean installation of windows 10 pro "AMD 17.9.1" , everything from 0, and the problem still persists !!! and very annoying, because until I restart the computer, the lags do not stop. I play a lot online, and I've had to leave many games because suddenly the lags appear

colesdav

OK.

Thanks for your response.

1. Do you have any other third party overclocking tools like MSI Afterburner or Sapphire Trixx installed as well as AMD Drivers?
                                                                                                        If you do, please uninstall them.

2. Are you running any Corsair Link or other Monitoring software?
                                                                                                        I am not suggesting you uninstall those, just for information.

3. Please do a clean boot of your machine. Log in to Windows 10.
                                                                                                        Then immediately go to ALL Settings -> System -> Display. on the RHS of the Windows 10 Settings menu you shoulds see Resolution Tab.
                                                                                                        Please change the resolution setting from say 1080p down to say 1680x1050, it doesnt matter exactly, then select Keep Changes.
                                                                                                        Then reselect the previous resolution, in this example 1080p, and select Keep Changes.

Does this improve mouse lag / system responsive ness for you?

4. Can you please tell me what the Task Manager Performance Tab is reporting when you boot your machine up?
                                                                                                        What % CPU use are you seeing.

5. Please go into All Settings -> Privacy, and turn everything off. What CPU% do you see now. Does that help your mouse response?

6. Please check if you are running and Razer applications such as Cortex or especially Synapse. Make sure you kill those processes.

carter

1 - Yes, I use the MSI Afterburner, version 4.4.0 Beta 15. Now if I delete it, with which application I measure the fraps of the games or worse how do I correctly control the fans of the video card to avoid overheating ??

2- Do not

3- No, I can tell you with certainty, if that improves my delay, since the delay appears suddenly and persists until I restart the computer, and then appears suddenly, sometimes restart the machine at the times I have delayed, other times to the days. I never turn off the computer nor suspend it.

4- I have an i7 7700K, and at all times the CPU is due to 5% of use.

5- Everything is blocked.

6- I do not use any such application.

I repeat, it is not only mouse delay is screen at the same time, at the same time the mouse delay, the screen also does

Thanks for the help!

colesdav

Hi.

I can see that earlier you stated you are running RX480 card, is that correct?
                                                                                                                Could you please give the following details of your System?
                                                                                                                This is normally the "Information required when posting a question"
                                                                                                                You might want to open a seaprate thread to deal with youe specific case or we can continue to discuss here.
                                                                                                                If you do decide to open you own separate thread then please point me a link to it.
                                                                                                                I will continue here for now.

Thanks.

"Providing the information below will get you a faster response from the community.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
                                                                                                                  • Make and model; e.g. AMD R9 290X
                                                                                                                • Desktop or Laptop System
                                                                                                                  • If a laptop, make and model of the Laptop
                                                                                                                • Operating System
                                                                                                                  • E.g. Windows 10 64bit
                                                                                                                • Driver version installed
                                                                                                                  • E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12
                                                                                                                • Display Devices
                                                                                                                  • Make and model, connection/adapter in use, resolution and refresh rate; e.g. Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
                                                                                                                  • One line for each display device connected
                                                                                                                • Motherboard + Bios Revision
                                                                                                                  • Make and model; e.g. Asus P8P67 Deluxe Bios Version 6643
                                                                                                                • CPU/APU
                                                                                                                  • Make and model number; e.g. FX 9590
                                                                                                                • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
                                                                                                                  • E.g. Thermaltake TR2 700W Gold
                                                                                                                • RAM
                                                                                                                  • Amount of memory installed; e.g. 16GB

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
                                                                                                                • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
                                                                                                                • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
                                                                                                                • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue"
                                                                                                                  colesdav

Hi,

RE: 1 - Yes, I use the MSI Afterburner, version 4.4.0 Beta 15. Now if I delete it, with which application I measure the fraps of the games or worse how do I correctly control the fans of the video card to avoid overheating ??

AMD does not support users running third part overclocking tools. Running MSI afterburner with AMD Drivers has not worked properly for me since early 2017 on my system (i7-4770K/i7-4790K + Dual R9 Nanos. If you leave MSAIO Afterburnewr installed for the moment you will not know if the issue you see with your cards/system is due to the AMD driver alone or the comination of running MSI Afterburner with your card.

RE: which application I measure the fraps of the games ...

We can discuss that in detail later but there are many are applications like Fraps, PlayClay, Razer Cortex, Steam FPS monitor, OCAT, Overwolf Apps  in game console reporting commands ... to name but a few. I am more than happy to point those out to you later but I think that we need to try to get your system checked over and running better first if that is o.k.

RE: or worse how do I correctly control the fans of the video card to avoid overheating ??

If you are concerned about your GPU Fan Speeds and your card overheating, I think you should be o.k. for now to just make sure you do not run any 3D Applications like games, or anything that will load your GPU too heavily whilst we look into the Driver / display issues.system response time issue. Your GPU should be fine unlesss there is already a pre-existing hardware issue with it.

I will try to respond to your remaining answers as soon as I can, but I need to take some time away from my PC now.
                                                                                                                  Thanks again.

carter

Believe me, what bothers me, is that AMD does not come out to face this problem, AMD needs to apologize to its customers, customer that like me, I am 100% loyal. And what I think is that they are doing the strangers and worrying more about the latest series !!! And I repeat, I pay for my RX 480 !! AMD do not give it to me !!! Excuse me if I'm annoying, but the work of AMD, is to satisfy your customers !!!

russianx88

I found a solution to this problem, just disable the graphical monitoring from the AMD Wattman

!

look at the screen

from Russia with Love!!!

noodles59

Wattman is quite configurable hence no need for 3rd party - overclock GPU speed/voltage, Vram speed/voltage, fan speed curve (temperature control)

bik95122

laptop model: Dell Inspiron 15 3541

cpu: AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics (1.6ghz x4) (4GB ddr3 laptop)

gpu: AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics (memory shared from RAM is 512MB)

AMD Radeon R5 M200 / HD 8500M Series (2024mb ddr3)

OS: Windows 7 64bit, Windows 10 64bit (both i tested)(may be all windows version)

its an old laptop, but the point is, AMD claim support for this apu on latest drivers, but as after install, i getting mouse and screen lag, which is ridiculously annoying, i am facing this problem since 2016, so rollback to driver 15 (ccc) solves my problem, with is not a solution.

extra info, "system" process in taskmgr, i notice 5% to 10% usage hopping up and down constantly every second, so mouse and screen lag every second too, and also my friend having same Laptop model but without r5 gpu and he suffering from this issue as well so i can conform this problem with either cpu or primary gpu.

i have my old (very old) unsolved problem thread, with is i can say not same problem as this, but evaluated one. as AMD driver install on any windows version, "system" process start hopping 10% to 20% constantly, why?

i been stuck on driver version 15, plz solve this problem.

crival19

I have found a possible solution to this problem that affects several graphics cards. In my case I own an HP Pavilion laptop with an AMD A6-5200 APU processor with Radeon HD 8400 graphics.

What I did was to activate the trace of the pointer in the control panel, with this the mouse stopped having lag and it worked normally.

I hope my contribution will also work for someone else.captura.PNG

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                                                                                                                    logikmann

Had to downgrade again to 17.9.1

The lag starts as soon i start a video on Netflix or Amazon prime.

The weird thing is youtube runs fine.

Clean Windows installation changed nothing.

Specs:

i5 6600k

r9 380x saphire nitro

16gig RAM

ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4.

02abarks

Update: I updated the driver to 17.12.1  to see if the issue stopped, it infact got worse.

The pointer trails don't stop the lagging anymore, it also seems that the lagging is now present when using the keyboard.

This issue still need a resolution.

I would go back to a custom/clean install of 17.9.1, but I could only find the desktop version so now I am stuck with a laptop that annoys me more than Dell power supplies used to.

bik95122

not only vega GPU have this problem but also my apu a6 with r4 (bit old laptop) since release of driver version 16, so yeah i am surviving on Drivers version 15 all these years sadly, Never mind, i was on Red team, now i am thinking for switching to Blue and Green team if you catch what i mean :[

slakelp

I got the exact same problem here. Whenever i launch a game for example CSGO or GTA5 or Minecraft (yes even Minecraft) my pc starts lagging and my mouse is also extremly laggy (by the way when I press F11 in Minecraft, which switches between window and fullscreen mode the same thing happens). All that ever since I changed my Graphics card from gtx 960 to amd radeon rx 580. If anyone has a solution please share it with me. I NEED HELP!

gobble

From what it seems like I've been experiencing the same issue as yourselves (laggy cursor). Here is a quick fix, i'm sure it will work for everyone here... if it doesn't let me know... i'm interested.

Solution. Adjust your monitors frequency to 60Hz or whatever it is intended to be run at by using the Windows setting (NOT your monitors settings).

And that's it. You may have to play around with a couple of different frequencies (Hz's) until you find the right one.

Directions (Windows 7 or newer):

1. Screen resolution

2. Advanced settings
                                                                                                                            3. Monitor
                                                                                                                            4. Screen refresh rate

5. Select "HIDE MODES THAT THIS MONITOR CANNOT DISPLAY"

6. Experiment with the different refresh rates until you have found one that stops the laggy cursor

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

my theory.... our Hz setting is being adjusted by the Radeon driver update whenever it makes changes... so basically it goes out of wack and then we got to adjust it from there on out when the problem arises. Hz determines the refresh rate of our on screen visuals more or less... a out of sync Hz rate is what I think the culprit is here, i'm no electrical or software engineer, but I've studied the disciplines a bit... feel free to add on to this theory... i'm sure Radeon would appreciate our feedback 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

note: if you have multiple displays each operating at different frequencies then the solution may be different for you

Directions (Windows 7 or newer):

1. Screen resolution

2. Adjust "display" and "multiple display settings" until your desktop appears the way you want it

3. Return to first set of instructions above and repeat for each display (i don't have specifics for you on multiple desktop displays, my second display is a TV for media streaming and does not share any part of my desktop, you may have to fool around a bit here by yourself, I haven't explored this part of the problem yet)

Good luck!

Chris

phonetech2

FYI. updated to Radeon 18.4.1 today and had bad mouse lag.  Mouse would just stop responding just trying to go from one part of screen to other side. Never had any issues before with any Radeon update. Tried 2 different usb mouse, reboot, still no change - every mouse has same non- responsive lag. Have Gigabyte RX560. Browsed the forums and found this post(and couple others). Went into Device manager and rolled back driver 24.20.11001.5003 to previous version and everything working fine now. Current RX560 driver 23.20.15017.3010. Maybe this will help others.

s_mcduck

I can't help but wonder if there are 2 actual distinct problems here. One is with the use of third party monitoring utilities and the other is an issue with the bobcat/jaguar/puma apus? Apparently there was a fix for the APU problem that somehow got lost along the way. I've been having the mouse freeze up problem with my HP laptop (A8-7410 apu) since 17.7.x drivers (whenever the colour controls were moved into radeon settings) but with adrenaline the lag is extreme and there's no work around.