6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2017 9:08 AM by donarkaz

RX 480 GTR and Windows 10 Creators Update - non native Display resolution problems and Performance issues

donarkaz

CPU:  Intel i5-3570K

MB: ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3

Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600

GPU: XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB

Driver version: Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2 - 64-bit OR Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1

Hi. I've got some very annoying problems since I've updated to Windows 10 Creators Update. After the Windows update I also did a clean install of the previous drivers and installed fresh copy of the driver version described above.

I've also disabled GameDVR in XBOX settings, as well as disabled Windows new Game Mode and Game Bar (all settings there are DISABLED), and also experimented with the Full Screen optimisations On/Off (have now set it to off).

GPU scaling is ON with Preserve Aspect Ratio option.

Please find the descriptions of the problems I'm facing below:

1. Non-Native Panel resolution results in mouse stutter and huge FPS performance hit/drops in all GAMES:

All "appears" to be okay when LCD panel runs in native 1920x1200 16:10 resolution. What is vital for me though is, to be able to set a FullHD 16:9 resolution of 1920x1080 to my 1920x1200 screen with GPU scaling ON in Radeon settings - the way I used to BEFORE I installed the Creators Update and all was nice, fluid and perfect!

Whenever I set a non-native FullHD resolution (although the image scaling works on desktop) I have a HUGE performance hit which translates to:

a. mouse hesitation and graphics stutter in Windows Desktop and games. Very noticeable ghosting when also minimizing-maximising Windows and when dragging a desktop icon around with      the mouse.

PC performance feels worse than as if I had an integrated Intel gpu of 6 years back!

b. HUGE performance FPS hit in ALL Games, whether it's in fullscreen or borderless window. Graphics stutter and bad performance. Have tried so many games, from Hearthstone (yes you      heard me well!) to World of Warships etc.

2. Display Clone mode to TV, which has different aspect ratio:

I occasionally connect my LCD TV via HDMI to clone my PC screen to it. The monitor has 1920x1200 resolution with 16:10 aspect ratio but the TV has 1920x1080 with 16:9. All used to be PERFECT before I installed Creators update, the resolution would drop to 1920x1080 for both displays and no performance drops or anything related, all happy!

This is not the case anymore, with the exact same performance issues as described above at point no.1. It could very well be related to the non-native resolution of LCD panel issue described above.

3. I've also acknowledged other random display related issues like when Alt+tabbing from-to a game seeingblack screen or occasional black screen freeze etc, but those issues have already been reported by others.

I am very disappointed with those issues. I wish I would have never updated to the Creators update, however I haven't seen anybody else reporting those anywhere else on the Internet.

This must be a driver problem, my PC has no other issues whatsoever and used to run perfectly fine and stable.

I'd appreciate a response from you guys,

Cheers