10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2017 3:19 PM by kingfish

HP Envy M6-1178ea with HD7670m and Intel HD4000 switchable graphics on Windows 8.1

pandauk86

Hi

I've come here as a last resort after trying everything under the sun to get the switchable graphics working on my HP Envy M6-1178ea laptop. It has an integrated Intel HD 4000 and a discrete dedicated AMD HD7670m.

I was given the laptop second hand. The first thing I did was to install a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 64bit.

I am now having a lot of trouble getting the switchable graphics to work. I have tried many different versions of the AMD CCC installer/drivers but I have never manged to get the control center to install. I have cleaned all display graphics with DDU and then installed the most recent Intel driver followed by the AMD driver. I have tried just the AMD driver on its own.

When installing AMD drivers it shows a message stating that the software is detecting hardware  then it skips to detecting basic system configuration. It never installs any drivers and only ever installs an SDK and the Catalyst Install Manager.

Nothing I try is working.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? I've been at this for days now and have followed every solution I can find online.

Thanks