AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lag/Micro freezes RX480

Question asked by wolfmaster on Jul 31, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 14, 2017 by amdmatt

Hi I'm having some lag issues since the 17's updates with my MSI RX 480 Gaming X. I thought it was due to some problems with my FX-8350 and MSI 970 Gaming. But now I moved to a R5 1600 and a MSI B350M Mortar and I'm having the same issues. No matters which driver of the 17's I install, I can't for example put fullscreen videos on firefox because of the lag and opening a Windows 10 app (metro app like e-mail or edge) causes micro freezings (I can notice it when the app shows up, the effect is very laggy and also the mouse lags). I tried all drivers and the only ones that seems to work without lag are the ones that windows 10 installs when I update it through device manager, but crimson doesn't recognice any driver installed so same shitty thing. I'm afraid this causes lag also in some games like csgo or rust that I play from time to time.

I managed to solve it last time by rolling back to one of the first 17's driver (I cant remember what), but now I can't install an older driver...

For the record, I have a 144Hz Freesync AOC monitor, and I'm on Windows 10 pro creators update

Outcomes