0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2017 11:49 PM by rudra

Red screen, hang, reboot on Radeon Pro WX 5100

rudra

Hi I recently bought a Radeon Pro WX 5100. Since the day I bought it I had issues with display (Brand new monitor) on my duel screen setup. The issue being my new main monitor after a few mins of being idle went to stand by (only the main monitor) and says no signal when tried to get it back on. After 2 or three days of this my main screen randomly started to red and then hang and restart. I never had any of this problem with my previous graphic cards. Finally on 5th day or 6th there is no display at all. So i changed the card and well ah.. the display is back. I returned the card to the vendor and got a replacement. Now with the new card which just may be 4 to 5 days that i have bought is showing similar symptoms of monitor going to stand by and not coming back (at least this time i could get the display back on without restarting couple of times) and same like the old card displaying red screen, hangs and restarts. I have done basic overclock on my pc and updated my cooling and ram. So i am performing stress and stability tests only on CPU and memory and not graphics and graphic card is not overclocked in any way or modified. At least 6 out of 10 times AIDA64 either stops the test saying hardware failure or the system displays red screen and restarts. So, I have performed a clean install of windows 10 and have not installed ANY drivers except LATEST Radeon Pro drivers for my card or 3rd party applications (except for AIDA64, CPU-Z, Cinebench and RealTemp). This never happened when i pop my old graphic card in and do the same. Following are my system specifications.

Core i7-3930K

Gigabyte G1 Assassin 2 Mother board

16GB Corsair Dominator-GT DDR3 quad channel ram

240GB Sandisk Extreem Pro III SSD

2 TB WD Green HDD

850W Coolermaster Silent Pro Hybrid 80+Gold PSU

Corsair H60 Liquid cooling for CPU

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to regret my decision of buying AMD Over Nvidia. So far, it does not look good with the help options on the AMD site.