6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2017 5:03 AM by elstaci

Legacy drivers bugfixes

omegadoom

Hello. I know legacy drivers are not supported but is there any chance that at least some bugs will be fixed?

For example I'm using openCL now and I stumbled across one annoying bug when empty OCL*.tmp files are generated in the current folder. This bug is fixed for currently supported hardware but not for my HD7600M. It's very annoying because new unique files are generated each time when app is started. The app folder is cluttered with these tmp files very quickly.

• Re: Legacy drivers bugfixes
          elstaci

Legacy means AMD will not make any more updates to the last Driver for download for the HD 7600m.

Can you run a 3rd party program to clean out that Temp folder for you.?

I use CCleaner. Under options it shows that you can ADD a folder to clean or delete its contents. CCleaner is a free program to use.

omegadoom

What 3rd party program? It's not the Temp folder, temp files are generated in the current folder of the app. I'm using OpenCL in my program and I need to run it many times. It's very annoying to clean the folder each time when I run it. Is it possible at least to drop these files into some other folder other than current one?

omegadoom

I already said that problem is not with temp folder. I would be very glad it those files were put into temp folder but they are generated in the current folder of app. Anyway my question is not about CCleaner. I can live with this nuisance although it's very annoying and shows the "quality" of drivers.

elstaci

I understand now what your problem is.  Since the .TMP files are generated  in your App Installation folder, You can either purchase a new Laptop that is supported by AMD or just live manually deleting each and every .TMP file every time it is generated. Or you could write to the APPs maker Support site and suggest a feature to delete those files or have them generated in a separate specific folder where you can use a 3rd party program to delete them on a schedule.

omegadoom

Ok, sorry for disturbing.

elstaci

Didn't mean to sound harsh on my last post. Try using a small .BAT file to delete those files as a workaround.

in Notepad write the batch file commands and then "save it as" a .BAT file. Make a copy of the folder that you are going to use the bat file on (in case something goes wrong and deletes the wrong files) and click on the .BAT file and see if it eliminated all the .TMP files. If it worked correctly, Use Windows Task Scheduler to make the .BAT file run on a regular schedule.

example would be like :

Echo off

C:\xxx\xxx\xxx\xxx\folder with TMP files.

Del *.TMP

quit

I am not programmer, so ask someone who is, to verify the above and see if it works.

This link goes to a website that help you make batch files and has many samples of Batch files

Getting started with batch files