4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2017 5:41 AM by amdmatt

R5 1500X & MSI B350M BIOS Overclocking Issues

sodapop554

Alright so I've tried to be patient & simply wait for BIOS update optimizations although many have come out yet my issue is still present. I'm unable to make any manual voltage changes on my MSI B350M Gaming Pro due to the current, some previous & newest available BIOS versions. I'm not sure if there's a much older one that would allow for the above tuning & thus overclocking of my Ryzen 5 1500X. As stated in a previous thread of mine, any attempts to Overclock with manual voltage increases result in the BIOS bugging out & applying 1.50GHz across all cores. Although some software does recognize whatever higher OC I tried to set, it's obvious that ain't really taking effect from the horrendously low Cinebench scores. I've tried overclocking with auto voltage which does work but only up until the factory 3.7 boost which I already get by telling Windows 10 to be in performance mode.

1: I have been hearing a lot that this is a Microcode issue on AMD's end, that MSI can't fix the glitchy BIOS until AMD steps up, is this true?

2: I don't care who's fault it really is, I just want to do as much as I can to help contribute towards a solution. I've already posted on MSI's forums & that went nowhere, any suggestions?