9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2017 2:11 AM by whiskey-foxtrot

The new RX Vega is Awesome!!!

retro8linux

I took a glimpse of the new Rx Vega card releasing soon and its a true beauty...love the brushed shroud that covers up the good stuff within it. Can`t wait till it hits retail...

• Re: The new RX Vega is Badass!!!
          neon

I agree. It's a clean beautiful design aesthetic. We'll find out soon how well it can perform.

ajlueke

Looks like the brushed shroud limited editions are "limited" to bundles only.  If you only want the card, the classic look is all you get.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              xobeloot

I'll be waiting for partner boards anyways since i'll just be slapping a waterblock on it anyways.  The nice shroud would be rather wasted on me.

whiskey-foxtrot

My thoughts exactly, unless the Watercooled edition has enough room to accommodate an EKWB block somehow. It doesn't look like I'll have a Vega any time soon unless EK (or Alphacool) releases any info as I refuse to run without a custom loop on my GPUs.

retro8linux

Not sure on how it will work on the new cards....9 times out of 10 the manufacturer will have to make and send out compatibility parts for your device.

whiskey-foxtrot

No, we just have to wait on EKWB to test GPUs for dimensions etc; designs are limited at first as specs varies between AIB partner boards etc so it's a waiting game. If EKWB receives GPUs from the manufacturer (or patrons like I did with another card I will not mention) they usually have a product ready in a matter of days to a week - and that's only if there's a huge demand for it.

Like my "Oscar Mike" system - cooling the RX-480's was a snap since they had full coverage blocks for the cards I had; seeing the extra performance I can squeeze out of them (high 1400's @ 34C max under load), I would never consider running on air or in some cases even a vendors AIO.

20170507_144927.jpg

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                              staggeredsix

I'm pretty sure that the forum rules state "No Adult Content." or something to that effect. I'm talking about those cards being so dang... well just dang.

I agree with the majority of the world. RX Vega LE is gorgeous. I like how the liquid cooled cards don't include a blower fan, instead the VRMs are actively cooled as well. Oh mama! That's just too much for one hardware nerd to handle!

whiskey-foxtrot

I wish I had the blooper video still. Notice both ports on the top card open still - see where this is going? If not, picture this: the B-roll of the main reservoir slowly being filled and the liquid slowly making its way down the pipes, up another one, to GPU 1, then GPU 2 expecting it to continue through the second port. Then ALL OF A SUDDEN: Big. Squirt. Out!  (Followed by a camera being knocked over, audible expletives, and you're staring at the ceiling for the rest of the video and some more audible expletives).

::B-roll music record scratch ::

Yup, I did that after hundreds of custom loop builds - it can happen to anyone especially in the excitement of getting your first Ryzen system up and running!

I wish I had that video still, but sadly all I have left are pictures of after the spill.

20170508_203815.jpg

With that in mind, RX Vega replacements will undergo better testing prior to running liquid through!