3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2017 8:19 PM by tymkoijn1

Fx Server Project

tymkoijn1

Whats up guys Sorry its Been a while since I posted, Been really busy. I have a kinda wierd project in mind. I have A 9590 that i want to use for a home server mainly for running gameservers.Ihad the idea after hearing that the bulldozer line was ment to be a server line< still trying to figure out if it is true. I have the 9590 and a board that can handle it. does anyone have any ideas that may help this work?

• Re: Fx Server Project
          benman2785

DONT do that xD

9590 under full-load (even with UV) takes ~175W - a R7 1700 with UV takes 75W and can handle roughly twice as much
          if it would be an last-gen APU like A10-7860 would be OK (with UV at ~45-50W)

ps i use an E-350 as Music-Server // and for a small Game-Server you can take an A4-5000 mitx board // or wait for RyZen ULV CPUs

• Re: Fx Server Project
            tymkoijn1

the power demands are high but i also plan on using it for extra processing power and other things. Beleive me the power draw is not the issue. i just want to use every cpu i own and was hoping for some ideas that will help with it. the 9590 was my original system but i have a ryzen system now. my wife uses the 8350. and i will most likely upgrade her to a ryzen system as soon as i can afford to.